This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Got a craving for some cookies? Give these Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies a try – your taste buds will thank you!
A few days ago, I posted my list of our favorite Homemade Christmas Cookies, and of course, as I mentioned in the post, I knew I’d throw in a few other cookies. That’s what always happens, I just can’t stop myself – I want to make ALL OF THE Christmas Cookies!
Somehow, I managed to stop myself at just 2 extra recipes (at least so far…there’s still 2 days till Christmas…ya never know!) But our favorite that came out of the extras are these Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies.
They are so good…almost cake like and yet, they have this amazing chewy outside like a true sugar cookie should.
I found the recipe in my Gram’s old cookbook, The American Women’s Cookbook. It’s actually just a regular sugar cookie recipe, however I’ve altered it several times throughout the years. I’ve made regular Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies, Chocolate Crinkles and even Cinnamon Cookies with the basic recipe.
It’s extremely versatile!
This year, I thought it would be fun to combine the chocolate and the peanut butter and make ’em look pretty for Christmas. So, if you’re looking for a last minute Christmas Cookie recipe (or even if you’re not), give this one a try – you’re going to love them!
Here’s the recipe –
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Flour sifter
- Large zipper bags
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheets
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Combine peanut butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Then, add eggs, vanilla and milk to the peanut butter mixture. Mix on medium speed, using an electric mixer, until smooth and creamy.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder, then add to the creamed mixture and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Separate the cookie dough into 2 halves. Place 1 half of the dough into a large zipper bag and leave the other half in the mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder to the dough in the mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Place the chocolate dough on top of the peanut butter dough in the zipper bag. Squeeze and press the 2 dough halves together until you've created a single, smooth roll of dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for a couple of hours, then come back.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Slice dough roll into 18 - 24 slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange dough onto an un-greased, baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Glaze, decorate and serve!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Very Merry Christmas!
Last Updated on