This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Love having premade biscuits in the house, but hate the high cost of buying them? Stop wasting your money – make your own homemade freezer biscuits from scratch in less than 20 minutes!
I love the premade biscuits that come in the pop can. You know, the one that is so much fun to open. But, honestly, I found them to be expensive and so full of ingredients that I can’t pronounce that a few years ago I stopped buying them completely.
Instead I make my own homemade freezer biscuits from scratch. Having these biscuits ready made in the freezer is just as easy as the can in the fridge and there are no chemicals, so you can feel good about serving them to your family regularly.
They cost next to nothing to make a batch, which makes me love them even more. Plus, you can make a whole batch of 28 biscuits in less than 20 minutes!
It doesn’t get any better than that when you’re trying to fill your freezer with homemade goodness.
So, instead of throwing the pop can into your cart the next time you’re at the grocery store, just pick up the ingredients to make your own homemade freezer biscuits from scratch – you’ll love them!
Here’s the recipe –
- Large mixing bowl and electric mixer or Stand Mixer with bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Rolling Pin
- 3 inch biscuit cutter
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening, butter-flavored
- 2/3 cup half & half
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add shortening to the dry ingredients. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes or until the ingredients look like sand.
- Pour milk into the dry mixture and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Scoop biscuit dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for a few seconds or until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a large square about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter or use a drinking glass that measures about 3 inches in diameter.
- Arrange 2 biscuits on a sheet of pastry (or wax) paper, fold over the excess of the pastry paper and place 2 additional biscuits on top. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Place all of the biscuits into a gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Use a permanent marker to write the following on the bag: * Biscuits * Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- TO PREPARE: Bake as directed on the bag.
You’ve Done It! You’ve made your very own Homemade Freezer Biscuits from Scratch!
Now, just pull out however many biscuits you need and prepare as directed.
Serve with breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Some of our favorite ways to eat these biscuits are with honey butter drizzled over the top, as a side dish with our dinner and dropped in a bowl with homemade soup poured over the top. Yum!
You might also like:
- How to Freeze Potatoes Like A Pro
- Freezing Green Beans: Step By Step Instructions
- Make Your Own Individual Cheese Pizza for the Freezer
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on