This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Strawberry Lemonade Cake not only looks like a burst of sunshine, but it tastes like one, too. In just one bite, the sweet, yet crisp flavor can take you away to a warm summer day…
It’s been so hot here the past few days and I’ve been super busy trying to finish up last minute projects on the house before we move. Painting and packing is a lot of work and with the excessive heat, it’s really exhausting!
Since it’s been so very hot, we’ve been drinking a lot of lemonade and it got me thinking about this delicious cake. The first time I made this Strawberry Lemonade Cake was for my step-mother’s birthday a couple of years ago and the whole family loved it.
I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you for quite awhile now and I thought since it’s so freakin’ hot across most of the country, it would be the perfect time to taste a ray of sunshine!
If you love a cool and icy lemonade on a hot day, don’t delay – you need to try this Strawberry Lemonade Cake! It’s sweet, sour and so refreshing!
Here’s the recipe –
*View my resources page to see my favorite supplies!
- 2 – 9 inch cake pans
- Medium mixing bowl
- Cake stand
- Frosting spatula
- Food Processor
- 1 box yellow cake mix and required ingredients
- 1 container prepared vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure lemon juice
- 4 to 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Lemon hard candy, optional
- Strawberry hard candy, optional
- Prepare and bake the cake as directed on the packaging, using two 9-inch round cake pans. Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
- Scoop the prepared frosting into a medium mixing bowl. Add the lemon extract, lemon juice and yellow food coloring to the frosting. Stir until the food coloring is evenly combined.
- Place 1 cake layer onto a cake stand (or plate).
- Use a frosting spatula to spread about 1/4 cup of frosting on the top of one cake layer. Smear the strawberry preserves over the frosting.
- Center the second cake layer over the strawberry preserves. Frost the sides of the cake and then the top.
- Place several pieces of lemon and strawberry hard candy into a food processor and blend until the candies are crushed. Sprinkle the crushed candy over the cake.
You might also like:
- Miniature Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pies
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins: Ready to Eat in Just 30 Minutes!
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle With Angel Food Cake
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!