This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Are you bored, yet? Don’t stress! Here’s 101 things to do when you are stuck inside…
Hello! I hope you’re feeling great! Today, I’ve put together a little list for you, of 101 things to do when you are stuck inside.
As a small business owner, I’ve been working at home for over 15 years. I’m used to being inside…alone…most of the time.
And it doesn’t bother me. I’m very good at filling my time.
But, I realize that being indoors ALL.THE.TIME. might not be so comfortable for everyone.
If you are used to going out to work every day, I’m sure you are probably incredibly bored at home.
Especially if you have been laid off or have lost your job altogether.
Lost your job? Looking to start a side hustle or home business? Here’s 21+ Things to Make and Sell from Home!
But, I hope these ideas help you quell the boredom…in yourself and your family!
While this is nowhere near a comprehensive list, I tried to come up with ideas that would help just about anyone find something fun to do while being stuck inside at home right now!
I hope you find something fun for you, too!
Let’s have a look, shall we?
101 Things To Do When You Are Stuck Inside
- Crochet a blanket or a pillowcase
- Sew a skirt
- Knit a pair of socks or a hat
- Learn to quilt
- Clean a room that is often ignored
- Organize your spice cabinet
- Start seeds to transplant outside when it warms up…Don’t forget your miniature greenhouses!
- Separate and re-pot your houseplants
- Grow a salad inside
- Read a book (Get a free 30 day trial for Amazon Kindle!)
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do your laundry
- Host an old-fashioned game night for the kids
- Redecorate your bathroom using things from elsewhere in the house
- Draw a cartoon character of each of your family members
- Make your own birthday cards to send throughout the year
- Paint a picture of your favorite landscape
- Cook a fancy dinner
- Bake a new dessert
- Make some old-fashioned candy
- Learn a new language
- Make your own personalized notepads
- Order some cute stationery and write a letter to a friend
- Learn how to preserve your favorite fruits and vegetables
- Plan your next vacation
- Make homemade dishwasher detergent tablets
- Do the dishes…come on, you know you’ve got a sink full!
- Rearrange your living room furniture
- Dig through your recycling and make some cute storage containers out of glass jars
- Do a puzzle with the family
- Start a blog
- Clean your closet and sell your unused stuff on eBay or if it’s vintage, on Etsy
- Bake cookies
- Create a bullet journal
- Make a big, country style breakfast with pancakes, bacon or sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, toast and the whole nine yards
- Have a dance party…alone, with your spouse or with the kids
- Make homemade Christmas gifts for the kids or for their teachers
- Host a themed dinner party for your family and dress up as appropriate
- Make ice cream sundaes
- Have a picnic in the living room
- Make a scrapbook
- Draw a self-portrait
- Learn a new craft (Here’s 50 Classes for FREE on Creativebug)
- Make a bonfire in the backyard and whip up some S’mores
- Have a video game marathon with the kiddos
- Host a “happy hour” for your spouse (and other adults that live with you) – play bartender and create some new cocktails or stick with old-fashioned favorites
- Try a new recipe for soup
- Fix the little things around the house (squeaky door, loose hinge, etc.)
- Make a list of things you want to do
- Write a song
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Make dinner for breakfast and/or breakfast for dinner
- Have dessert for lunch…because why not?
- Make some fancy, flavored popcorn and have a movie marathon
- Take an online class to learn a new skill
- Visit a virtual museum
- Attend a live streaming concert
- Create an obstacle course in the living room
- Play a card game
- Learn a new dance move
- Read a magazine
- Play an old-fashioned game – jacks, marbles, ring toss, etc.
- Paint sun catchers for the windows
- Make homemade pizza
- Create and bury a time capsule
- Build a castle out of stones or toothpicks
- Paint rocks
- Write a book
- Update your resume
- Have a photo shoot
- Write a love letter to your special someone
- Start a craft business
- Open an online store
- Plan the garden of your dreams
- Learn how to make medicinal tinctures
- Make your own paperweights
- Build a piece of furniture
- Make your own paper products
- Make your own jewelry
- Learn to sew your own clothes
- Bake some homemade dog treats for your favorite puppy
- Make individual pizzas or for your freezer
- Mix your own herbal tea
- Make your own reusable sandwich bags…for when you go back to work and/or school
- Send a “Thinking of You” card to a sick friend or family member
- Make your own gel air fresheners
- Download some free printable wall art and redecorate your kitchen
- Make some chicken stock to fill your freezer
- Bake muffins for breakfast
- Make your own soap
- Give yourself a haircut
- Make some hand sanitizer
- Clean your washing machine
- Make your own dryer sheets
- Build an “easy change” frame for free printable wall art
- Make a pom pom rug for next to your bed
- Give a piece of furniture a makeover
- Take inventory of everything you have in your fridge, freezer and pantry
- Make a menu plan using only the ingredients you have at home
- Bake a pie
Whew! That’s alotta things to do! What are you going to try first?
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive updates on this subject, along with free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on