This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
16 Goals for 2016
Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas & New Year with your family!
We had a great week! We spent time with almost everyone in our immediate family (both mine and my husbands), plus we had a lot of extended family over to visit, too.
But, personally, I’m glad 2015 is over. It started as an incredibly hectic year for us and while it settled on a calm note, I’m ready for a fresh start.
Despite this past year starting out so completely crazy, I still managed to check off quite a few things on my goal list.
Here’s a peek at some of my accomplishments throughout the past year…
- I gave our Main Bathroom a makeover for less than $100.00!
- Updated our daughters’ bedroom for less than $300.00!
- Started/ALMOST finished our master bedroom/bathroom makeover.
- Grew/Sort of Maintained/Harvested my first in-ground garden.
- I canned/preserved a bunch of vegetables and apples.
- Started using and learning more about essential oils for home remedies.
- Posted over 200 times on this blog.
- I added more than 100 new designs to my Etsy shop.
- I opened a Zazzle store and created over 100 new products.
- Introduced “Printed & Shipped” calendars and cards in my Etsy shop.
- Introduced “The Paper Suitcase” – my first ever monthly subscription box service.
But, of course, there is so much more I want to do in this life!
In fact, I’ll probably never accomplish everything that I want to do, but I’m sure going to try!
This year alone I have quite a few things I want to do. So, I thought I’d be more productive if I broke down my goals into smaller chunks.
And just for fun, because it’s 2016, I made myself stop at 16 goals. Instead of writing out 1 giant list of goals, I made 4 small lists of 4 goals for each “category” of my life.
16 Goals for 2016
- Recreate “date night” with the husband & do something fun with the girls at least 1 a month
- Go on 1 week-long family vacation this year
- Learn and put more effort into producing and making our food
- Focus more on creative recycling and frugality
- Finish Master Bedroom Makeover
- Start/Finish Laundry Room Makeover
- Start/Finish Kitchen Makeover
- Declutter and Minimize
- Update listings & Declutter – Add new photos, beef up product descriptions and remove old products that are outdated or don’t sell well.
- Add more designs to current product lines on Etsy shop
- Add more designs to Zazzle store
- Introduce 2 new product lines (Hint…neither one is printable!)
- Update logo
- Update website design & layout
- Post 4 to 5 times each week
- Write posts 1 to 2 week(s) ahead
I know it seems like quite a lot to accomplish in 1 short year and maybe it is. If I don’t finish it all this year, that’s okay. As long as I keep moving forward and checking things off the list…I’m happy.
I hope my lists inspire you to make your own 16 Goals for 2016.
I promise…every time you check off an item on your list, you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense of completion.
And that, my friends, is enough to make you push on and move forward everyday. No matter what!
Have an Awesome Year!
Last Updated on