These Peppermint Patty drinks are the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day (or any day!) with your honey.
Valentine’s Day is only a couple of days away. Do you go all out and celebrate? Or do you stay home and have a fancier dinner than usual? Either way, these Peppermint Patty drinks are the perfect “after dinner mint” and they are super easy to make!
Word of caution: These drinks do contain alcohol. I would not recommend serving the standard recipe to anyone under the age of 21.
However, you can easily replicate these as a non-alcoholic drink! So, kids and non-drinkers can have some too!
I’ve added the substitution suggestions to each recipe, so feel free to switch it up however you like, you’ll still love the final outcome, I promise!
Here’s the recipes…
Hot Peppermint Patty Drink
Hot Peppermint Patty Drink
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pkg. hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 ounce creme de cacao schnapps, or 1 teaspoon chocolate flavored syrup
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps, or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Boil the water on the stove or in the microwave.
- Pour the water in to a mug, add the hot cocoa mix and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the milk into the hot cocoa and then add the creme de cacao and peppermint schnapps (or chocolate flavored syrup and peppermint extract).
- Stir until combined.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Iced Peppermint Patty
Iced Peppermint Patty Drink
- 1/2 cup York Peppermint Minis
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 ounces creme de cacao schnapps, or 1 teaspoon chocolate flavored syrup
- 3 ounces peppermint schnapps, or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place the peppermint minis into a blender and blend until the pieces turn into tiny chunks.
- Pour the milk, chocolate syrup and ice cubes into the blender.
- Add the creme de cacao and peppermint schnapps (or chocolate flavored syrup and peppermint extract) to the chocolate ice milk and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
Orange Creamsicle Iced Tea Recipe: Just 4 Ingredients! - Food Life Design
Saturday 11th of May 2019
[…] to start thinking about warm weather treats and drinks. Instead of having Snickerdoodle Scones and Hot Peppermint Patties for an afternoon treat, it’s time for fruit salad and this homemade Orange Creamsicle Iced […]