Sick and tired of spending all your money on groceries? Check out this post – it’s packed full of over 200 ways to save money at the grocery store starting today!
As you know, I’m always looking for ways to save money at the grocery store.
It’s ridiculous that such a large portion of our monthly budget has to go for the one thing we need the very most…food! And, personally I’m sick and tired of it.
So, this year, I’ve made it my mission to reduce our grocery budget and I’m sharing all the tips that I find, with you!
As I explained in my 2018 Goals post, some of my plans for reducing our grocery budget include:
- Do more freezer cooking – (I’m struggling with this one! I really need to get my butt in gear and start stocking the freezer – our supply of homemade pizza and chicken nuggets are getting especially thin!)
- Grow a better garden (and actually keep it alive) – (So far, I’ve got my strawberries out and their starting to sprout! I’m hoping to get started on more seedlings soon.)
- Can and freeze more of the garden harvest – (Obviously, no garden yet – so, I haven’t started on this one!)
- Reduce the grocery bill – (Working On It!)
- Make more things from scratch (like homemade mixes for cakes, brownies, etc.) – (Score! This I’ve been doing well at so far this year. I’ve made tons of homemade treats and even made a from scratch cake for Valentine’s Day!)
- Stick to the menu plan – (Mostly…there have been a few days that I’ve gone off menu, but mostly I’ve stuck to it day in and day out this year!)
But, obviously there are ton of other ways to save money at the grocery store that I didn’t include on my goals list!
So, pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee (or wine, whatever, I won’t judge) and get out a notebook, I’ve got a whole bunch of grocery saving tips to share with you below…
201+ Ways To Save Money At The Grocery Store
- The Best Way To Save Money on Groceries
- Buy Groceries Online
- How to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half from Living Well Spending Less
- Start Your Own Vegetable Garden
- 20 Simple Ways to Save Money on Groceries from Huffington Post
- Keep a Running Grocery List
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money on Groceries Without Couponing from Echoes of Laughter
- Grow Your Own Salads
- 5 Ridiculous But Effective Ways to Save Money on Groceries from The Penny Hoarder
- Cook Bigger Meals
- 30 Ways to Save Money on Groceries This Month from Pure Wow
- Keep Inventory of What You Have In The Fridge, Freezer and Pantry (Free Printable Included!)
- Save $1200 or More Each Year by Purchasing a Weekly Dinner Menu from The Daily Dinner*
- Save Money on Groceries Without Using Coupons
- 5 Very Simple Ways to Save Money on Groceries from Unexpectedly Domestic
- A Complete Guide for Reducing Your Grocery Bill By Half from Faithfully Commited
- Free Food From Your Garbage
- 7 Ways to Save Money on Groceries
- 20 Grocery Store Hacks to Save You Money from Smart Cents Mom
- 12 Simple Ways To Save Money on Groceries from Little House Living
- How to Save Money on Groceries: 80 Money Saving Tips from Simply Intentional Life
- Start Meal Planning
I hope this list of ways to save money at the grocery store have helped you realize there are tons of ways to cut back on your grocery spending.
It might take a little time to get it all together, but you will and before you know it, your grocery budget will be shrinking every week!
You might also like:
- How to Create a Weekly Dinner Menu Plan
- 5 Tips to Save More Time Menu Planning
- 8 DIY Menu Planner Ideas
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, recipes, coupons for VLHamlinDesign and more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.