- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- Combine the above ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Heat on medium temperature for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries burst.
- Remove cranberry sauce from saucepan and place in a bowl with a lid. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 cups cranberries, whole
- 1 cup orange juice
- Sterilize and prepare 4 pint or 8 half-pint jars.
- Combine sugar and water in a large pot and heat on high until boiling.
- Add cranberries and orange juice to the sugar syrup.
- Continue heating on high temperature until boiling. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until cranberries have all burst.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Strain or run through a food milled if you'd like Cranberry Jelly or skip this step if you'd like Whole Cranberry Jelly.
- Ladle cranberry sauce into prepared jars.
- Wipe rims and place the lids on the jars.
- Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and allow jars to sit on the counter overnight.
- Label each jar and store for future use. Refrigerate any unsealed jars.
My family has an addiction to cranberry sauce…especially homemade cranberry sauce.
There’s no opening 1 can (or jar!) here!
These people eat it right up and we always end up opening two…and yes, there is only 4 of us…which basically makes us pigs.
However, by learning to make homemade cranberry sauce, you can reduce the sugar and serve your family even more, because now you know it’s good for them!
Does that make you feel a little better?
So, you have 2 choices on how to make this delicious Homemade Cranberry Sauce.
Make it for NOW…
Make it for LATER…
It’s up to you how you want to do it. But, I highly recommend canning this stuff.
It’s like gold, my friends!
You might also like:
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.