Make the most of a week of with these spring break activities for kids!
Keeping your kiddos busy for all day every day for a whole week can be draining. Take it from me. A teacher. Who keeps kids busy all day every day for a whole year.
For most kids, spring break is a much needed time for rest and relaxation. But…with rest and relaxation also comes boredom. If you don’t have a vacation planned, a week off can seem daunting.
I’ve rounded up 30 awesome activities that you can do with your littles during spring break! These activities would be perfect for preschool and kindergarten age students!
Outdoor Spring Break Activities
👏 Let 👏 kids 👏 get 👏 dirty! 👏
These outdoor spring break activities are perfect for getting messy, exploring, and – of course – having fun!
- Plant an edible garden
- Learn to fly a kite
- Sleep underneath the stars by camping in the backyard
- Plan an outdoor scavenger hunt
- Have a picnic in the park
- Break out the bonfire pit and make s’mores
- Decorate the driveway with chalk
Indoor Spring Break Activities
Sometimes the spring weather isn’t always as promising as we’d like. Try these indoor spring break activities out for size if you can’t go outside!
- Build a fort with blankets and pillows
- Test out a new recipe
- Host a fashion show and mix-and-match fun outfits
- Make paper airplanes
- Have a spa day
- Practice magic tricks
- Play board games (Scattergories is my favorite!)
Crafty Spring Break Activities
For the crafty kiddo, calm, artistic activities are usually most appealing. These indoor, crafty spring break activities may be right up their alley!
- Make a collage with old magazines
- Whip up some homemade slime
- Create paper bag puppets—then put on a puppet show for the whole family
- DIY bird feeders to hang in the yard
- Paint rocks to use as decorative paperweights
- Make a castle/house/pirate ship out of a cardboard box
- Create homemade cards for friends and relatives
- Make a volcano
- Design a time capsule about your family—then bury it in the backyard
Energy-Burning Spring Break Activities
- Set up an obstacle course
- Throw down in a dance party
- Learn classic yard games like Red Rover, Hopscotch, or Kick the Can
- Try outdoor bowling
- Put on an online yoga video for kids
- Host your own family Olympic games in the backyard
- Play “floor is lava”
Spring break is only as fun as you make it! Sooo…… make it fun! These 30 spring break activities for kids are sure to make your break magical and memorable!
You might also like:
Kayden Hamlin is a full-time preschool teacher and graduate student. She is passionate about saving money, self-care and mindfulness, and child development! When not in a classroom, you’d most likely find her reading with a cup of tea in hand or knitting projects for her family and friends.