Hello! I hope you’re week is going well! Today, I’m sharing 400 Graduation Party Ideas to help you (and me!) make a plan to celebrate this special milestone…
My baby is graduating from high school next month.
Pretty soon my nest will be empty and I’ll have all kinds of time available.
But right now, I’ve got 2 parties to plan and help plan.
Not only will we be having our usual family celebration, but, the moms of our class are putting on a party to celebrate all 6 of our graduates at once.
There is lots and lots to do!
So, this post is filled to the brim with graduation party themes, invitations, party food ideas, decorating tips and even, ideas for party games!
I’ve scoured the Internet in search of all the best graduation party ideas to share with you and I’ve come up with quite a list.
So, let’s get started…
To Theme or Not to Theme?
Are you going to have a themed graduation party or will you be keeping it more traditional by using school colors or black, white and gold?
It’s important to decide up front whether you will have a theme party or not.
If you are hosting a themed party, then everything else will need to follow the pattern…if not, feel free to have fun and mix things up!
Plan a guest list & Send invitations
Who are you going to invite to your party?
Make a list that includes your friends and/or family. And make it more fun than a telephone call!
Graduation Party Food
Is your graduation party going to be an elegant soiree or a backyard BBQ or something in between?
Make sure you plan the menu accordingly.
Here’s 105 graduation party foods that are perfect for a variety of themes –
- Cupcake Graduation Caps from My Recipe Confessions
- 30 Must Make Graduation Party Food Ideas from Oh My Creative
- Swiss Roll Diplomas from Smart School House
- Chocolate Graduation Cap Pops from Craft Gossip
- Build Your Own Sundae Bar from About a Mom
- 9 Graduation Party Recipes from Land o’ Lakes
- 31 Grad Party Ideas You’ll Want to Steal Immediately from Buzzfeed
- 10 Graduation Party Food Ideas and Recipes from Food.com
- Walking Taco Bar from Dream Live Love
- Chocolate Covered Oreo’s in Your School Colors from Your Home-based Mom
- 15 Party Finger Foods from The Realistic Mama
- Bar Party from Sugar Bean Bakers
- Build Your Own Nacho Bar from My Mommy Style
- Graduation Party Appetizers You Can Eat In One Bite from Real Simple
- Burger Bar from Tied Bow Inspiration
Purchase and/or Make Your Own Supplies and Party Decorations
Below is 173+ ideas to make your own supplies and party directions…
Make Your Own:
- 25 DIY Graduation Party Decorations from Hative
- 33 DIY Graduation Party Ideas for High School for 2017 from The Hackster
- Free Printable Graduation Banners from Paper Trail Design
- 25 DIY Graduation Party Ideas from A Little Craft In Your Day
- 19 Cap-Tossing Graduation Party Ideas from How Does She
- 19 Graduation Party Ideas for a Night Your Grad Won’t Forget from Brit & Co
- 50+ DIY Graduation Party Ideas & Decorations from DIYCraftsy
Cook, Decorate and Set Up
The invitations are sent, the decorations are made and the food has been purchased.
It’s time to cook, decorate and set up for your graduation party!
Here’s 133 graduation party games – how can your guests not have fun?!
- 17 Awesome Graduation Party Games from Play.Party.Plan
- Tic Tac Toe Frisbee from A Turtle’s Life for Me
- 24 Brilliant Backyard Party Ideas from The Krazy Coupon Lady
- 27 Insanely Fun Outdoor Games You’ll Want To Play All Summer Long from Buzzfeed
- 65 Outdoor Party Games for the Whole Family from The Dating Divas
- Jumbo Jenga from Follow Eric
- Glow in the Dark Night Bowling from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- 7 Graduation Party Games from My Teen Guide
You might also like:
- 33+ Graduation Party Food Ideas
- Free Printable Graduation Party Signs
- 15 Personalized Graduation Gifts for Her That She’ll Actually Use
I hope these graduation party ideas make your party the most memorable party of the senior class! Be sure to signup for my newsletter to receive free printables, recipes, and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.