Table of Contents
Are you looking for some ways to boost your income and help get you out of the rat race? Here’s a list of 72 craft business ideas that are sure to get your creative juices flowing!
Since you guys loved the post the post that I wrote about How to Start A Craft Business That Actually Makes Money, I’m guessing you enjoy learning about craft business ideas and management…am I right?
It’s the dream right?
To own your own business…never have to work for someone else?
While there is a ton of info out there on how to run a craft business, there isn’t a whole lot about how to start it from the ground up and keep it running. And one of the biggest questions that seems to plague people who are considering a craft business are ideas.
There seems to be two camps…
The Two Types of Craft Business Owners
- What the heck am I supposed to create that people will want to buy?
- I will create.all.the.things. and they will ALL be successful!
Personally, I fall into category #2…sadly. Believe it or not, having ALL.THE.IDEAS. is not always a good thing. Because I want to DO IT ALL. As in make it all and sell it all.
Realistically, this just isn’t possible. I’m only one person after all.
Anyone out there who falls in category #2 feels my plight…I know you do.
But, falling into category #1 doesn’t sound so good either. Not having any idea where to start can be frustrating enough to stop you from starting at all. And we don’t want that!
You have awesome stuff to share with the world. I know you do or you wouldn’t be here reading this post.
So, that’s where I come in. Since I can’t make it all and sell it all, I thought I’d add to my craft business posts and make a list of ideas for people, like you, that are just getting started.
72 Craft Business Ideas
Now, these are just ideas…a starting point. But, the key to creating a really successful business is actually NOT to make all.the.things.
If you refer back to this post, you’ll note that I comment…
Don’t create a hodgepodge of crafts! Really take the time to figure out where you want to fit in the craft world. I’m not saying you need to choose a single product and stick to it forever, but consider starting with a specific category.
For a quick example, if you’re going to start a bath and body business, start with just soap.
Don’t try to make every bath and body product out there. Just start with the soap.
Build your customer base and then, move onto adding other products like lotion or shampoo. One thing at a time.
Build it slowly or you’ll overwhelm yourself with your to do list!
Okay, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s talk ideas…
- Bath Bubbles
- Bath Bombs
- Bathing Salts
- Skin Care
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbal Tinctures/Oxymels
- Tea Mixes for drinking
- Tea Mixes for bathing
- 101 Easy Homemade Products for Your Skin, Health & Home: A Nerdy Farm Wife’s All-Natural DIY Projects Using Commonly Found Herbs, Flowers & Other Plants
- The Everything Soapmaking Book: Learn How to Make Soap at Home with Recipes, Techniques, and Step-by-Step Instructions – Purchase the right equipment … soaps, and Package and sell your creations
- Pure Soapmaking: How to Create Nourishing, Natural Skin Care Soaps
- Bathing Suits
- Kitchen scrubbies
- Sweaters for Pets or People
- Kids Clothes
- Pet Clothes
- The Fashion Business Manual: An Illustrated Guide to Building a Fashion Brand
- The Fashion Designer Survival Guide, Revised and Expanded Edition: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business
- Fashion Entrepreneur: Starting Your Own Fashion Business (FASHION DESIGN SERIES)
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar – Click here for the recipe!
Gourmet Baked Goods/Foods
- BBQ Sauce/Hot Sauce
- Good Food, Great Business: How to Take Your Artisan Food Idea from Concept to Marketplace
- Cooking Up a Business: Lessons from Food Lovers Who Turned Their Passion into a Career — and How You Can, Too
- Start Your Own Specialty Food Business: Your Step-By-Step Startup Guide to Success (StartUp Series)
- Business Cards
- Calling Cards
- Gift Wrap
- Greeting Cards
- Party Supplies
- Personalized Stationery
- How to Show & Sell Your Crafts: How to Build Your Craft Business at Home, Online, and in the Marketplace
- From Passion to Income: How to turn your hobby into a profitable small business
- Bed Linens
- Kitchen Linens
- Holiday Decorations (stockings, scarecrow, etc.)
- Sewing to Sell – The Beginner’s Guide to Starting a Craft Business: Bonus – 16 Starter Projects • How to Sell Locally & Online
- The “Business” of Sewing: How to Start, Maintain and Achieve Success
- Home Furniture
- Office Furniture
- Outdoor Furniture
- Indoor Kids Toys
- Outdoor Kids Toys
- Pet Furniture
- Kitchen Goods (cutting boards, bowls, spoons, etc.)
- Kids Bedroom Furniture
- Storage boxes, racks, etc.
That’s all the craft business ideas I have for now, but I’m sure I’ll come up with more in the future. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this list and I hope it inspires you to get started on your craft of choice soon!
More Craft Business Ideas:
- How to Start a Craft Business That Actually Makes Money
- 11 Things To Make And Sell From Home So You Can Quit Your Day Job
- 50 Things To Sell To Make Money Without Ever Leaving Your House
- Even More Things To Make and Sell From Home So You Can Quit Your Day Job
- How to Start a Cake Business From Home
- How to Start a Craft Business that Actually Makes Money
- 9 Ways to Start Making Money As A Stay At Home Mom or Dad
- 10 Printables You Should Sell on Etsy
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.