This is one of those appetizers or sides that my husband cannot get enough of. He orders them everywhere we go and he can eat a lot! So I started making my own version at home. These air fryer mozzarella sticks are the perfect delicious gooey cheese treat that will have you craving more.
Pair them with a homemade marinara sauce or scratch ranch sauce and they will be the perfect way to curb the hungry appetites!
Be sure to make a batch big enough though because they will get gobbled up quickly. Believe me, it happens every time…
Hands down one of my favorite things about this recipe is you can make a couple bags worth and throw them into the freezer so if you want a quick starter dish or even a little snack you can grab a handful, toss them in the air fryer, and voila! Your belly is now happy.
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 mozzarella string cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Gather three separate containers. In the first crack your eggs and whisk in 2 tablespoons of water. In the next combine bread crumbs, vegetable oil and garlic powder. For your last container mix flour and salt and pepper.
- Begin by dipping your cheese stick into the egg mixture, then to flour, then back to egg. Make sure you are completely coating with each dip. Lastly, dip into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the finished sticks onto a baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes. An hour is best.
- When the time is up preheat your air fryer to 390, F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil, generously. Lay mozzarella sticks flat allowing room in between. Spray the top of your sticks.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until they start to bubble or cheese begins to emerge.
- Serve immediately with a dipping sauce of your choice!
Be aware that the freezing process before cooking is crucial. This helps the outside coating crisp up and the cheese stay inside and intact!
You may freeze the dipped and ready for frying mozzarella sticks for up to 6 months in the freezer to have on hand whenever you need them. If you end up with leftovers use the air fryer to warm them for 3 minutes and you will get the stretchy, cheesy mozzarella stick once again!
You Might Also Like…
- Air Fryer Veggie Tempura
- Sweet & Tangy Mozzarella Parmesan Meatloaf
- Make Your Own Individual Cheese Pizza for the Freezer
Love, light and a little grace…
Olivia Whalen is mama to three young girls who is devoted to creative learning, exploration and free range imagination. Olivia enjoys thinking outside of the box when it comes to preparing homemade baby food or meals for her family. She most enjoys allowing the little minds in her life to flourish and with that you will see her write about creative kid crafts, recipes that fit a family budget and keep everyone asking for more, tips and tricks for a tiny babe, and beginner homesteader fun! Some of her hobbies include gardening, hiking, reading, cooking or just basking in motherhood.