Apple cider vinegar has always been a staple in my pantry- and it’s not just for cooking! The uses and benefits of apple cider vinegar are endless. From skincare to cleaning the kitchen and even outdoors… you can use that magic bottle for it all. Here are some incredible apple cider vinegar uses for in your home, during your beauty regime and to improve your health overall!
Please Note: I am not a medical professional. These suggestions might not work for you. ALWAYS see your personal doctor to discuss your options before taking any sort of medication, home remedy, herbal remedy or supplement.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses at Home
- Preserve food: Used often for it’s fruity and mellow flavor, apple cider vinegar is perfect for preserving food or pickling garden items. Highly acidic which helps preserve food quickly and also is a great antibacterial agent to kill any bad bacteria.
- All purpose cleaner: Being high in antibacterial properties means that this vinegar is great at cleaning any and all surfaces and will get the job done quickly and safely by diluting into a spray bottle to use anywhere in the house.
- Produce soak: A wonderful disinfectant soak for your produce! Fill a bowl of 8 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and allow your fresh produce to soak for 10-15 minutes. This will leave everything extra clean, spritzed and may even keep longer.
- Boiling eggs: Adding a teaspoon of vinegar to the water during boiling will make for easy peeling boiled eggs. The acid will help in breaking down the egg shell and will also help in firming up the egg white during the cooking process.
- Salad dressings & marinades: Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful palatable base for a lot of dressings and marinades.
- Fruit fly trap: Mixing 1/2 a cup of apple cider vinegar with a couple of drops of dish detergent and allowing to sit out for a day or two will work as a solution to those pesky fruit flies.
- Flea repellent: Dilute your vinegar with water and place into a spray bottle. Fleas and other insects do not enjoy the apple cider vinegar and it can work as a natural bug repellent for your animals.
- Garden hand: For acidic loving plants a diluted vinegar spray can be beneficial in fertilization!
Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Beauty
- Foot soak: Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar with warm water and then add in a tablespoon of Epsom salt. The acid in the vinegar will help break down dried or dead skin, the Epsom will help in exfoliation. The antibacterial properties of ACV will help in combating foot odor or fungus.
- Facial toner: 1 part apple cider vinegar to two parts distilled water. Apple cider vinegar used in a DIY facial toner will help in leveling out the pH level of your skin. This will help with oily or dry skin. A natural way to jumpstart your skin to do as it should- healthier.
- Bubble bath: Adding in 2 cups of vinegar to your hot tub can give your skin an overall boost. Allow yourself to soak for 15-20 minutes!
- Deodorant: Apple cider vinegar is a natural antibiotic made with equal parts of vinegar and water that can be dabbed onto your underarm area.
- Acne: Mix apple cider vinegar 1 to 1 with cool water and use it in place of facial cleanser to wash your face on a daily basis.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses for Health
- Liver cleanse: 2 tablespoons of vinegar to 8 oz of water to 2 tablespoons honey (or other natural sweetener) and allow the cleanse to take place. This will do things such as: level out your internal pH levels, help promote weight control, provide a dose of enzymes, help with digestion and much more.
Check out this recipe: Apple Cider Vinegar Detox
- Bug bites and poison ivy: Use the vinegar as a natural ease to bug bites, stings or poison ivy. Applying the vinegar directly to the affected area will aide in relief of itching and swelling. It will also clean and help in sterilizing the area.
- Reflux and heartburn: Apple cider vinegar (in small increments) can be used as a temporary relief to these ailments. Suggested 1/2 teaspoons worth a dose.
- Sunburn relief: Acting as a natural astringent, ACV can be used to help in easy inflammation aide and itching from sunburns. Use a diluted spray bottle method, add to a bath to soak or dampen paper towels to apply to the area (then allow to dry before removing).
- Dandruff aide: Lessen or take care of the unwanted dandruff by balancing out the scalps pH level.
- Sore throat: A warm water and apple cider vinegar mouth gargle can help in assisting when a sore throat is upon you. Start doing a daily, or more, gargle of this mixture.
- Blood sugar: Daily dose of 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, straight up, has been linked to helping lower blood sugars by boosting the insulin function.
You can take or incorporate apple cider vinegar the good old fashioned way, straight from the bottle. However, you can also buy gummies and capsules available in stores and online to get your daily dose of ACV.
In conclusion, this home staple can find an important role anywhere in your home. Make sure you utilize it where it would best fit YOU!
You Might Also Like…
Love, light and a little grace…
Olivia Whalen is mama to three young girls who is devoted to creative learning, exploration and free range imagination. Olivia enjoys thinking outside of the box when it comes to preparing homemade baby food or meals for her family. She most enjoys allowing the little minds in her life to flourish and with that you will see her write about creative kid crafts, recipes that fit a family budget and keep everyone asking for more, tips and tricks for a tiny babe, and beginner homesteader fun! Some of her hobbies include gardening, hiking, reading, cooking or just basking in motherhood.