This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Would you like a sweet and tangy dessert to serve your family after dinner? This Apple Cranberry Cobbler is perfect for dessert any night of the week.
This past week my mother-in-law fell and broke her ankle. Unfortunately, it was a bad break and required surgery. She’s doing well, but obviously it’s not easy for her to get around to make her own food.
So, I’ve been making her dinner and bringing it to her for the past few days. Last night, I decided to add a dessert into the mix. Usually, I’d make a pie or a cake, but I just didn’t have time.
My Apple Crunch Pie is one of her favorites, and I often throw in cranberries. But, I didn’t have time to make a full pie, so instead I threw together this Apple Cranberry Cobbler.
Since I was short on time, I pre-cooked the apples and cranberries, then just dumped the cobbler topping over it before baking. It was super simple to throw together and it took less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
This Apple Cranberry Cobbler is perfect for dessert any night of the week. Plus, it’s pretty enough to serve for a special occasion.
You could even switch out the fruit and use peaches, nectarines or your favorite berries instead of apples, too.
When I first took it out of the oven it had a crunchy, cobbler topping, but since I had to travel with it, I wrapped it in foil. When we finally had it after dinner, it was so soft, almost like bread pudding and it was just perfect.
I will definitely be putting this recipe back on my menu plan in the future.
*See my resources page for my favorite supplies!
- Large saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium casserole dish
- 3 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine sliced apples, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon and ginger in a large saucepan. Cover. Heat on medium temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add melted butter and milk. Stir to combine. This will be a liquid-y mixture.
- Scoop apple mixture into a medium casserole dish. Pour the cobbler mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
You might also like:
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!