Want a delicious dessert for dinner tonight? Try my Apple Crunch Pie and you’re family will be begging for more!
Apple Crunch Pie…it’s as American as…well, Apple Pie. You just “gotta” love it!
Well, we do, anyway!
Apple Crunch Pie is one of my favorite pies…actually it might be a close second for first place. Good Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie with Homemade Whipped Cream is by far my favorite, but Apple Crunch is definitely in the running.
I love it…
Everyone who eats it loves it…
And YOU will too!
Try it today, you won’t regret it, I promise!
*View my resources page to see my favorite supplies!
Okay, let’s get to the recipe…
First things first…put the crust into your pie plate.
Stir it all up.
Now, add some brown sugar…
a little flour…
and some butter to a large mixing bowl.
Pour your apples into the crust…
and sprinkle on the topping.
Put the pie into the oven…
and bake until it’s nice and golden brown.
Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 Pie Crust
- 8 to 10 apples
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oats
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c butter or butter-flavored shortening
- Prepare pie crust and place into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Peel, slice and core the apples.
- Place the apples in a large bowl, then, add sugar, brown sugar, flour and spices.
- Add vanilla. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the apples into pie crust.
- Pour brown sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Add oats to the sugar, add flour and butter or butter-flavored shortening...your choice.
- Mix with an electric mixer on medium-low speed to combine the topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle topping onto the apples.
- Place foil around the crust edge. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove pie from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You might also like:
- Apple Cranberry Cobbler
- McDonald’s Apple Pie: Copycat Recipe
- Make Your Own Dried Apple Slices with Cinnamon Sugar for PENNIES!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.