Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast that nourishes your body and tastes good? Then you are going to love this Apricot Cranberry Granola recipe!
In less than 20 minutes, you can easily throw together a big batch of this delicious breakfast cereal. Just one batch is enough for 1 person to eat all week long!
And if you want to get fancy, you can throw in some sliced almonds, pecans or walnuts.
Switch out the maple syrup and use honey instead if you have more of that on hand.
Or use different dried fruit instead of the apricots and cranberries featured in this recipe.
You can even use a different fat, if you prefer not to use butter! Try it with olive oil, lard or avocado oil instead.
It’s a very flexible recipe and you can pretty much alter any ingredient as long as you follow the basic ratio.
So, let’s head to the kitchen and whip up this granola…
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add oatmeal to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a small bowl and pour over the oatmeal. Stir to cover the oats.
- Spread oat mixture on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the oats to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add dried cranberries and apricots to the oats. Stir to combine.
- Store in a large jar or a zipper bag.
- Serve as regular cereal, over yogurt or even ice cream!
How to Serve Apricot Cranberry Granola
Enjoy your granola with cold milk, just like regular cereal.
Sprinkle on top of your favorite yogurt.
Top some vanilla ice cream.
Throw in some popcorn, peanuts and/or chocolate chips and eat it like a trail mix.
How to Store Homemade Granola
I store my granola in a half-gallon mason jar. However, you could put in multiple smaller jars, a plastic storage container or even a zipper bag.
If stored in an airtight container, your homemade granola will last for 1 to 2 weeks before becoming stale. But, honestly, it’s so good…it isn’t likely to last that long!
You might also like:
Have an Awesome Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.