These yummy Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are sweet and spicy with a fresh, crisp crunch!
Happy Tuesday! I hope you feel like cooking today, because these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are AHHHMMMMazzing!!!
I’m totally serious…
The chicken is hot, sweet and spicy, but wrapped up in that fresh, cold lettuce it creates the crispiest crunchiest goodness you’ll ever taste.
Have you ever had lettuce wraps?
Yes? Then, you get what I’m talking about!
No? You absolutely need to try this recipe!!
Basically, a lettuce wrap is the same thing as a tortilla wrap…except you use a large leaf lettuce to wrap the inner goodies instead of the tortilla.
And they are SO GOOD!!
Several years ago, the husband and I had Shrimp Lettuce Wraps at Red Lobster for the first time and they were awesome.
Honestly, most of the time, I’m too afraid to order those types of things in restaurants because they’re always packed full of onions…
And I HATE onions!
But, the other day I saw a commercial for Asian Lettuce Wraps at a restaurant that we don’t have in our area.
And they looked delicious…
So, what do you do when you can’t get what you want?
You make it yourself, of course!
So, that’s exactly what I did…
And YES, I’ll be making these again…
And again…and again…
You get the idea!
So, if you’re looking for a quick, easy, but AHHMAZINGLY delicious dinner that tastes like take-out, then you have to give this recipe a try!
You are going to love these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- Large lettuce leaves (romaine, iceberg, butter crunch, etc.)
- Slice chicken breasts in half, then place into a food processor and pulse until the chicken is finely chopped.
- Scoop chicken into a large mixing bowl. Add flour, black pepper, salt, ginger, red pepper and garlic powder. Stir to cover chicken.
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl. Add chopped chives. Set aside.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet on medium-high temperature.
- Add chicken to the skillet and stir constantly until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on large lettuce leaves.
You might also like these delicious chicken recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Ramen: 5 Ingredients & 10 Minutes
- Easy General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Chinese Pineapple Chicken: Ready in 30 Minutes or Less!
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.