The warmer weather has finally made its way to Vermont and with it comes tons of eggs from the chickens! So, today, I’m sharing an easy Bacon Egg and Cheese Casserole that’s perfect for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
This recipe only requires 6 simple ingredients and you could easily double it if you need to feed a larger family or even reduce it by half if you’re only serving one or two people.
It’s so easy!
Just whisk up a few eggs, add some cooked bacon, cheese and some shredded potatoes and bake. That’s it!
If you want to get fancy, heat up a can of Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles and add it to the top of the casserole before serving.
Feel free to add more to the recipe, too!
Throw in some fried peppers and onions…
Add your favorite mixed vegetables…
Mix in some leftover, sliced steak, chicken or even pork chops…
Use sausage in place of the bacon…
Or try using different cheeses depending on what you have available at home.
There’s so many ways you could make this easy Bacon Egg and Cheese Casserole!
So, what are you waiting for? Head to the kitchen and start cooking…
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Tomatoes with Chile peppers, optional
- Prepare bacon as directed on the packaging.
- Crumble cooked bacon.
- Crack eggs into an 8x8 inch casserole dish and drizzle in the Sriracha sauce.
- Add shredded potatoes, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon to the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, as desired. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Heat tomatoes in a small pot.
- Slice casserole into 4 to 6 slices.
- Serve hot with tomatoes and Chile and/or buttered toast.
You might also like:
Have an Awesome Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.