This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Can you see the moisture dripping from that steak?! It is sooo good! With just 5 ingredients and less than an hour, you can prepare this amazingly moist Bacon Wrapped London Broil Steak for your dinner tonight.
We don’t eat a whole lot of steak around here, anymore. We used to, but somewhere along the way, we started eating more chicken. But every now and then we still like to have, especially in the summertime. Since the weather is warming up and summer BBQs will soon be here, I thought it would be a great time to share my Bacon Wrapped London Broil Steak recipe.
It’s one of our favorites and everyone always begs for more when we serve this steak.
Wrapping the bacon around the London broil creates this nice little pocket to hold all of the juices from the meats and makes the most tender steak you’ll ever cook on a grill.
Plus, you can cook it on an indoor grill, in the dead of winter, too!
So, the next time you’re headed outside to fire up the grill (or even if you’re not!), give this steak a try, you’re going to love it!
Here’s the recipe –
- 1 - 4 to 5 lb. London broil steak
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. thick cut bacon
- Combine the garlic, red pepper flakes, onion powder, black pepper, salt, vinegar and oil in a gallon sized zipper bag.
- Add the London broil steak to the marinade. Allow the meat to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lay 1 slice of bacon flat, horizontally, on top of a cutting board or hard surface. Lay a second piece of bacon over the first, in the opposite direction. Then repeat with about half of the pound of bacon, creating a large square in a weaved pattern. Repeat with the second half of bacon, creating a second weaved square.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and place on top of 1 square of bacon slices.
- Carefully, lift the second weaved square of bacon onto the steak. Lift up the loose pieces of bacon from the bottom layer and twist with the loose pieces from the top to secure the bacon layers.
- Preheat an indoor (or outdoor) grill to high temperature or about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the bacon wrapped steak onto the grill. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip the London broil and continue cooking for 6 minutes for medium well or 8 minutes for well done.
- Remove the steak from the grill. Allow it to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice your bacon wrapped London broil steak, thin and serve hot.
You might also like:
- 13 Best Grilling Recipes for Meat
- 21 Best Grilled Side Dishes You Can’t Miss
- 10 Best Grilled Fruit Desserts and More!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!