This delicious, budget-friendly BBQ Chicken Flatbread is the perfect meal for busy weeknights, lazy weekends or even lunch any day of the week!
Hello – I hope you’re doing awesome today! It has been overwhelmingly hot here in Vermont for the past few days and we’ve been eating simple dinners, like this yummy BBQ Chicken Flatbread, to reduce the oven usage.
After making my “Kitchen Sink” Homemade Barbecue Sauce last week, I knew I had to try it out in an actual recipe and not just on the spoon!
Seriously, what good would it be if it sat in the pantry for months, only to find out we hate it?!
And what better way to try barbecue sauce than BBQ chicken, right?
But, I was feeling a bit lazy and I didn’t really want to make meat, side dish and vegetable.
So, I cheated and made this amazing BBQ Chicken Flatbread instead!
I know what you’re thinking…flatbread from scratch?
Are you crazy?
That’s not easy!
Oh, but it is…
Make Your Own Flatbread
With my flatbread recipe, all you have to do is mix up flour, salt, butter and milk to create a dough…
Once the dough is formed, just separate into miniature balls of dough and roll out each one to make the flatbread.
And it can baked or cooked on a stove top griddle – your choice!
This flatbread is SO EASY to make and it tastes so much better than any premade bread you buy at the grocery store.
You can make regular homemade pizza with it…
And, of course, this delicious BBQ Chicken Flatbread!
Customize this recipe to fit what’s available in your pantry
No homemade BBQ sauce on hand? Use a store bought bottle or make a this quick 4-Ingredient BBQ Sauce recipe.
Don’t have the ingredients to make flatbread? Use a tortilla, pita or frozen pizza dough instead.
No cheddar? Use any cheese you have available…BBQ Chicken doesn’t mind – it likes them all!
So, are you ready to make this yummy recipe yet?
Let’s head to the kitchen and make some BBQ Chicken Flatbread!
Here’s the recipe:
BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter and milk into the flour mixture. Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Sprinkle flour on your counter or work surface. Pour dough onto counter.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes or until the dough is smooth.
- Cut dough into 4 balls.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into round discs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place 1 disc into the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the disc and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat with each flatbread disc.
- Arrange flatbread discs onto a large baking sheet.
- Combine cooked chicken and BBQ sauce in a medium bowl.
- Spread chicken onto each flatbread disc.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs Recipe
- 25 Chicken Recipes for Dinner Tonight
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.