Sick of the same old meals for dinner? Try these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs tonight for a fun spin on an old classic.
Happy Wednesday – I hope you’re doing great! Today, I’m sharing an old favorite – Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs. These things are so good and we don’t have them often enough!
But, since the weather is finally warming up here (and when I’m not stuck in the office) I’ve been outside working hard on getting the garden prepared for the summer.
Which, of course, means I don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen at the moment and we’ve been having a lot of “old faithful” meals lately.
Since you’re probably doing the same, I figured you might like to try something different one of these days and these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs are just the thing!
They’re delicious! They don’t take all that long to make AND they’re made with mostly staple items!
So, you don’t have to run to the grocery store for anything extra.
Which is a HUGE bonus right now!
Side note: Does anyone else think the grocery stores are creepy and ominous, right now? Half the shelves are empty…there are arrows pointing us in the direction we need to go…no one talks to anyone else. It’s so freaking weird!!
Anyway, onto the original post…
Yum! Instead of the Spicy Meatball Sandwiches that are on our June Menu Plan, I whipped up these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs for dinner last night and holy cow, were they delicious!
In fact, I’m going to eat the leftovers for lunch today…just as soon as I finish this post.
These meatballs are super easy to make and honestly, they’re the perfect alternative to your standard meatball.
Plus, you can make them with any sort of ground meat that you have on hand.
I can’t say they are a “healthier” option because, well…bacon is just not a healthy option.
But, you could always leave it out if you are trying to eat a lighter diet…
Or add extra if you feel like cheating on your diet!
Either way, they taste amazing and your family is going to love these Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs, so be sure to give these a try!
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 to 6 Sub rolls
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken into a large baking dish. Lay the bacon over the top of the chicken. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Place chicken and bacon into a large food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add bread crumbs, eggs, oregano, parsley and Parmesan cheese to the meat. Pulse a couple of times until combined.
- Scoop chicken mixture into "meatballs" using a tablespoon or medium cookie scoop.
- Arrange chicken bacon meatballs on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crispy and lightly brown.
- Pour marinara sauce into a large pot and heat on medium temperature. Add cooked meatballs to the sauce and stir to cover.
- Place 3 to 4 meatballs into each sub roll. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place subs onto a baking sheet. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
You might also like these yummy meatball recipes:
- Oooey, Gooey, Cheesy Meatball Subs
- Spicy Hawaiian Meatball Recipe
- Spaghetti & Sausage Meatballs Recipe
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.