- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 4 large potatoes
- 30 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 1/2 cup baking mix, ex. Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 ounces chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper, as desired
- Pour the olive oil into a large (oven-safe) skillet. Heat the oil on medium temperature, until bubbling. Add garlic and onion to the oil.
- Cut chicken breasts into small chunks, about 1 inch in size. Add the chicken to the hot oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper over the chicken. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until brown.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes. Place in the pan with the hot oil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to the pan with the potatoes.
- Pour the chicken broth over the chicken and potatoes. Turn the heat up to medium high and cook until boiling.
- Add green beans, carrots, corn and peas to the pan. Continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low and allow the stew to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the Bisquick, milk and remaining chicken broth in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large serving spoon, scoop the biscuit dough onto the top of the chicken stew, still in the pan.
- Position the pan on the middle shelf in the oven. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Chicken & Biscuits is by far one of my very favorite meals. Perfect for a quick, easy meal on a chilly night and yet, fancy enough to serve at a dinner party.
It’s ultra comforting to sit down with a big old bowl of Chicken & Biscuits, too.
Especially on a chilly, Vermont night!
You can switch out the chicken for turkey and you can mix and match the vegetables all you like!
Just use whatever you have on hand.
You could even turn it into Beef & Biscuits instead!
It’s super easy to substitute any of the ingredients in this yummy recipe, but this our favorite way to have it.
Oh yeah and this whole meal? It’s made in just 1 single skillet for easy clean up afterwards, too!
So, no worries about spending the evening washing dishes…you’ll only have a few to do!
You might also like:
- Garlic Chicken and Linguini
- Chicken and Southern Dumplings Recipe
- Homemade Chicken and Stars Soup Recipe
- The Best Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes for Dinner Tonight
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.