Do you want to make a decadent Valentine’s Day treat for your family, but don’t know what to make? Then, this is the recipe for you! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles are creamy, crunchy, silky and oh, so sweet…
I always like to make my family a special treat for Valentine’s Day. Even though the holiday is officially for romance and couples, love makes the world go ’round and I kinda think the kiddos are a big part of that, too!
So, why shouldn’t we include our children and other family in the most loving day of the year?
I say we should and I usually do.
At least, make them a little treat, right?!
So, a couple of years ago on Valentine’s Day, I made these yummy Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles for my family.
And they were a HUGE hit!
Truly, probably one of the “most popular” candies I’ve made for them over the years and I’ve made a lot of candy over the years!
The greatest thing was they only took a few minutes to make. Like less than 20 minutes of hands-on time and then, they just chill in the fridge until you’re ready to give them out.
In fact, once I put the plate on the table to serve, they were gone in a matter of hours!
And, by the way…
This recipe makes about a dozen truffles, so you can easily serve your hungry husband and a couple of starving children at least 3 each.
So, if you’re thinking about making a special treat for your family this Valentine’s Day, make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles.
Head to the kitchen and start making these truffles!
Your family is going to love them.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles Recipe
As I’ve mentioned in the past, I always throw our leftover Christmas cookies into my food processor and chop them up for future use.
Of course, I don’t mix them all together. I crush up each cookie flavor and then, pour them into separate freezer bags to store.
The leftover chocolate chip cookie crumbs are the ones I used in this recipe, but if you don’t have any homemade, feel free to use store-bought cookies! They will still be delicious.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
- 4 cups chocolate chip cookies, crushed
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 oz package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/8 cup peanuts, crushed (optional)
- Combine the crushed chocolate chip cookies, cream cheese, confectioners sugar, heavy cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Use a medium scoop or a heaping tablespoon to create balls (about 20) of the cookie mixture. Position the balls on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pour the milk chocolate chips and shortening into a deep bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute to melt the chocolate. Heat in additional 20 second increments, if needed.
- Stir crushed peanuts into the melted chocolate, if desired.
- Remove the cookie cream balls from the freezer. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate. Place back on the wax paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
I hope you love these Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles! Not only are they a delicious treat, but they really do make a great gift for your family and friends, too!
You might also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce
- Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 9 Valentines Day Cookies Your Sweetie Will Love
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies - Food Life Design
Tuesday 30th of June 2020
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles […]