This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Easy Cheesy Beef Casserole is packed full of ground beef, tomatoes, egg noodles and lots of ooey, gooey cheese! It’s not only delicious, but it’s ready in just 40 minutes, too!
Hello! I hope you’re feeling awesome. And hungry, because, today I’m sharing an Easy Cheesy Beef Casserole recipe that you are going to love!
As I mentioned the other day, with everyone being at home, I’ve been making a lot of family favorites.
And that’s where this Easy Cheesy Beef Casserole comes into the picture…
I wanted to try a traditional Beef Lombardi recipe last week, but I was missing a few of the ingredients.
So, instead of scrapping the idea, I used a few substitutes that I had and then, I left a few ingredients out altogether.
And it turned out amazing!
In fact, it has a very similar taste to my Creamy Baked Ziti and everyone loves that.
But, honestly, I like the texture of the egg noodles a whole lot better than ziti in this creamy sauce!
And because the traditional Beef Lombardi calls for cheddar cheese, I stuck with it, instead of switching it out for mozzarella, as I considered doing.
Surprisingly, the cheddar works perfectly with the tomato and cream sauce, adding just enough salt and an additional creaminess that you wouldn’t get with mozzarella.
So, I ask you again…are you hungry, yet?
Now get in the kitchen and start making this Easy Cheesy Beef Casserole!
Here’s the recipe…
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 lb. wide egg noodles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to the ground beef.
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the ground beef and continue cooking on medium temperature until bubbling.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the sour cream. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Prepare egg noodles as directed on the packaging. Drain and pour into a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the ground beef and sauce over the egg noddles. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with warm, crusty Italian bread and a garden salad.
You might also like:
- BBQ Beef and Bean Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Tater Tot Poutine Recipe
- 7 Easy Ground Beef Recipes for Dinner
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive updates, along with free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!