This easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe is perfect to make on a busy night, a slow night or any night!
Happy Hump Day! I hope you’re doing awesome today! Yes, I am totally aware that every day seems like hump day lately. But, just in case this one is hitting really hard, I thought I’d share my super yummy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe with you today.
You know…in case you need some real comfort food!
This easy recipe requires just a few standard pantry ingredients and it takes just 25 minutes to make from start to finish!
I don’t know about you, but for me, that’s a whole lot faster than taking a trip to Applebee’s.
And since it’s one of my oldest daughter’s top 3 favorite meals, it’s requested often!
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo for the win?
The unfortunate part is, the husband and the youngest daughter aren’t such fans. They really don’t like it at all and it’s hard to get them to eat it.
BUT, every now and then, we’ve gotta cater to everyone, right?
So, instead of forcing it down their throats,
as much as I’d like to, I generally make a second meal whenever I’m making this Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.
Now, don’t think I’m going all out and making something fancy for the naysayers, because I’m not…
It’s more likely that they are having Sloppy Joe Casserole or frozen chicken nuggets and boxed macaroni and cheese, honestly.
But, sometimes it’s just easier to satisfy everyone! ☺
Since the world fell apart and my oldest daughter has been home from college, I’ve been trying to make some of these meals that she and I love.
Because, when she’s not here, it’s pretty close to impossible for me to get away with making things like this easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo for dinner!
And we really love it!
So, I’m taking full advantage of that. And you should too…
If you have a kiddo at home that isn’t usually there full time, think about making some of your favorite meals. Things you don’t make as often now that they’ve moved out…
Make individual favorites on separate nights or just whip up family favorites that everyone loves!
And then, when you run out of ideas, try this easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo recipe! It might just become a new favorite!
Unless you stand on the husband’s side…
In which case, go eat a steak.
Here’s a great recipe for one of those: Amazingly Moist Bacon Wrapped London Broil Steak
And here is the recipe for this deliciously easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo…
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 lb. egg noodles (or pasta of choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken, precooked and diced in 1 inch pieces
- 16 ounce package broccoli, frozen
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Prepare egg noodles (or pasta) as directed on the packaging. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and chicken bouillon cube in a large skillet on medium temperature until bubbling.
- Add garlic, black pepper and flour. Whisk until a thick paste forms.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking until the flour paste (roux) has dissolved.
- Continue cooking on medium temperature until the milk begins to thicken (like gravy).
- Add the diced chicken and broccoli to the gravy mixture. Cover and turn the temperature down to medium-low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve hot over egg noodles (or your choice of pasta) with a side of warm, crusty bread and a garden salad.
You might also like:
- Chicken & Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
- 20 Minute Sweet and Spicy Beef and Broccoli Lo Mein
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
Easy Cheesy Beef Casserole - Food Life Design
Monday 27th of April 2020
[…] I mentioned the other day, with everyone being at home, I’ve been making a lot of family […]