We harvested a good haul of potatoes this year so we have been using them in all different ways! The other night I was cooking up biscuit burger sliders and I thought I would pair them with some homemade garlic parmesan fries! They were really tasty and SO fresh.
They had just the amount of seasoning and cheese to make your plate feel more gourmet but there wasn’t an unnecessary amount of steps to prepare them. It made for an easy side dish that the entire family digs!
Garlic Parmesan Fries
6-8 large potatoes
2.5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
Tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
Tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. oregano
To top: 1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese or a good quality store bought shredded
- Wash your potatoes well, leaving the skin on and in tact.
- Slice your potatoes to a thickness of your liking. (Thinner cut fries will be crispier as thicker will be softer!)
- Toss the fries with olive oil in a bowl (set bowl aside without rinsing). Pre-heat your air fryer at 400 for 3 minutes.
- Coat your air fryer basket with cooking spray, place a single layer of fries into basket and cook at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until to crisp preference. I will pull my basket out partially and shake it occasionally during process to assure all fries are cooked evenly.
- Remove from air fryer and place into basket. Drizzle with leftover oil from original mixing bowl.
- Combine your seasonings in a small bowl and then sprinkle all over fries tossing them at the same time.
- Top with parmigiano cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Do you want to bring it to another level? I whipped up a quick truffle aioli.
Simply combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon truffle oil, 1 tsp. minced garlic, pepper to taste. YUMMY!
You Might Also Like…
Love, light and a little grace…
Olivia Whalen is mama to three young girls who is devoted to creative learning, exploration and free range imagination. Olivia enjoys thinking outside of the box when it comes to preparing homemade baby food or meals for her family. She most enjoys allowing the little minds in her life to flourish and with that you will see her write about creative kid crafts, recipes that fit a family budget and keep everyone asking for more, tips and tricks for a tiny babe, and beginner homesteader fun! Some of her hobbies include gardening, hiking, reading, cooking or just basking in motherhood.