- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream together butter, shortening and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and kosher salt in small bowl.
- Pour dry mixture into the wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until doughy.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into the cookie dough and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to scoop 6 cookies onto each baking sheet.
- Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove pans from the oven and then, place your Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies onto wax paper to cool.
Oh, have I got a recipe to share with you today!
I was looking for a sweet treat to make the husband and girls this weekend and honestly, I was struggling.
They’re so stinking picky sometimes!
So, as usual I stuck with old-faithful…Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Except this time, I made GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookies and I do mean giant!
These suckers weigh in at around 3.2 ounces each!
Can you imagine?!
That’s like 3x the average homemade cookie and easily, 4x the size of your average store-bought cookie.
No need for seconds here – this batch of a dozen cookies will actually last a couple of days!
I used my standard Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and instead of using my medium cookie scoop as I would usually do, I pulled out the big guns and used my ice cream scoop instead!
Honestly, they are some of my favorite kitchen tools!
I use them ALL. THE. TIME.
You can use them for their intended purpose if you like, or use them to make pretty “scoops” of other things like mashed potatoes, coleslaw, butter or even fruit.
But, best of all – they make every single cookie the perfect round shape!
No more bumpy, misshaped cookies!
Every single one of your cookies will be exactly the same shape and size, when you use a cookie scoop, instead of the old 2 spoon trick.
Definitely worth having!
However, no matter what tools you have, if you’re not using a good chocolate chip cookies recipe then, your cookies aren’t going to leave your family begging for more!
Use a good recipe, my friends – it makes all the difference between flat, hard cookies and fluffy, chewy goodness.
Like mine, for example!
My cookies are so tender, so sweet and they just melt in your mouth – no chewing necessary!
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and fun treat to make for the family, try my Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe…I promise, your family will love them!
- Electric mixer and Large mixing bowl OR a Stand Mixer
- Small mixing bowl
- Large ice cream scoop
- 2 (11″ x 17″) baking sheets
I hope you’ve had fun learning how to make these Cookies!
Your kids are going to love them – Enjoy!
You might also like:
- The Best Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.