This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
This “Kitchen Sink” Homemade Barbecue Sauce is the perfect topping for your grilled steak, chicken or pork ribs!
When I was making the Rhubarbecue Sauce the other day, I got thinking…
If it’s okay to can this, why can’t I make regular homemade barbecue sauce for canning?
Well, it turns out you can! And it’s actually pretty simple, too!
When I started searching, I found TONS of homemade barbecue sauce recipes to make for canning.
The problem is…I’m picky as can be and I really didn’t want to use several of the ingredients suggested in most of the recipes.
Instead, I decided to wing it and create my own recipe!
And I’m calling this “Kitchen Sink” Homemade Barbecue Sauce, because it has lots of ingredients.
Like, everything in your kitchen except the sink!
But, don’t let the ingredient list scare you!!
It’s not hard to make at all!
You just throw all the ingredients into the pot at once and let it cook!
There’s VERY FEW steps involved.
And did I mention that it starts with canned tomatoes from the grocery store?!
That’s right! No gardening necessary!
Just in case you don’t have a garden or it hasn’t produced yet this year…
But, if you DO have a garden filled with tomatoes, feel free to crush them up and use those in place of the canned tomatoes in the recipe.
Just make sure to use the same weight!
Oh! One more thing…it has whiskey and real Vermont maple syrup in it…
Have I enticed you, yet?
Let’s head to the kitchen and make some homemade barbecue sauce…
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 - 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup real maple syrup, dark
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup honey whiskey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon mustard, ground
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine the above ingredients into a large stockpot.
- Cook on medium-high temperature for 15 to 20 minutes or until rapidly boiling.
- Use an immersion blender to blend ingredients together. Or pour into a standard blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the stockpot and continue cooking on medium-high temperature until boiling.
- Turn the temperature down to medium-low and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Use a ladle and a funnel to fill sterilized jars. Wipe rims clean and cover with lids and rings.
- Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
You might also like these delicious recipes:
- 4-Ingredient Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf Bowls: Ready in Less Than 1 Hour!
- BBQ Beef and Bean Casserole Recipe
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!