Hello! I hope your week is going great so far! Today, I’m sharing a super easy recipe for Homemade Chicken Melts that I absolutely LOVE.
These Chicken Melts take me straight back to lunchtime in my Grandmother’s kitchen.
My Gram put this chicken spin on the traditional Tuna Melt for me when I was a kid because I detest tuna. But, I love the idea of the open-faced sandwich.
So, instead of using a can of tuna, she used canned chicken instead and these chicken melts were born.
These cute little sandwiches quickly became my favorite lunch meal and I begged for them every time I was at her house for lunch.
To this day, they’re still one of my favorite things to eat for lunch.
Now that my Gram is gone, it’s nice to share the memories and the simple meal with someone else that appreciates it and I’m so grateful that my youngest daughter loves these chicken melts as much as I do.
Luckily, they’re really easy to make and they only require 5 ingredients that you likely have on hand.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get out your toaster and toast up some English Muffins, spread on some chicken salad and top with a tomato and a slice of cheese.
Then bake for about 10 minutes.
Your new favorite lunch is ready!
Here’s the recipe:
Homemade Chicken Melts
- 1 can chicken
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, or whipped salad dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Tomato, sliced
- 8 Cheese, sliced
- 4 English muffins, You could also use bagels or pita bread instead
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a cookie sheet with foil to reduce your clean up time.
- Split the English muffins and place each half in a toaster and toast until the pieces are light brown.
- Mix the chicken, mayonnaise (or whipped salad dressing), salt and pepper together. Spread the mixture on the English muffins.
- Place a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese on top of the chicken.
- Put the Chicken Melts on the cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
You might also like:
- Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich With a Secret Ingredient!
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Chicken: Made With Potato Chips!
- Cheesy Chicken Pizza Burgers: Just 4 Ingredients!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
5 Ingredient Dinner Recipes You Can Make in Minutes - Food Life Design
Wednesday 25th of March 2020
[…] Chicken Melts take me straight back to lunchtime in my Grandmother’s kitchen and they’re truly a perfect […]
February Meal Plan - Food Life Design
Friday 18th of October 2019
[…] Special Lunch Idea: Chicken Melt […]
School Lunch Ideas - VLHamlin
Friday 24th of July 2015
[…] chicken melts Baby carrots […]