This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
These Chicken Melts take me straight back to lunchtime in my Grandmother’s kitchen.
My Gram put this chicken spin on the traditional Tuna Melt for me when I was a kid because I detest Tuna…but, I love the idea of the open-faced sandwich. And so, chicken melts were born.
These cute little sandwiches quickly became my favorite lunch meal and I begged for them every time I was at her house for lunch.
Luckily, they’re really easy to make and they only require 5 ingredients that you likely have on hand.
So, what are you waiting for? Get out your toaster and toast up some English Muffins, spread on some chicken salad and top with a tomato and a slice of cheese. Then bake for about 10 minutes.
Your new favorite lunch is ready!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 can chicken
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, or whipped salad dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Tomato, sliced
- 8 Cheese, sliced
- 4 English muffins, You could also use bagels or pita bread instead
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a cookie sheet with foil to reduce your clean up time.
- Split the English muffins and place each half in a toaster and toast until the pieces are light brown.
- Mix the chicken, mayonnaise (or whipped salad dressing), salt and pepper together. Spread the mixture on the English muffins.
- Place a slice of tomato and a slice of cheese on top of the chicken.
- Put the Chicken Melts on the cookie sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
You might also like:
- Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich With a Secret Ingredient!
- Crispy Salt and Vinegar Chicken: Made With Potato Chips!
- Cheesy Chicken Pizza Burgers: Just 4 Ingredients!