Love chicken patties, but hate the chemicals and preservatives in the store-bought version? Try my recipe for homemade chicken patties and you’ll never buy the packaged variety again.
I’m always searching for quick, easy AND homemade dinners that taste great. I don’t like to serve my family a great deal of premade meals. They taste disgusting and they are terrible for you, too. However, chicken patties are a favorite around here.
In the past, I would occasionally pick up a package as a sort of treat for the kids, but, I haven’t bought a package in years.
Because I figured out how to make my own at home and I’m so glad I did. My homemade chicken patties are so simple to make and the whole family loves them!
It’s a great recipe to make on a busy night and you could even make mini chicken patties to serve as an appetizer as your next dinner party.
All you need to make these homemade chicken patties is chicken (obviously!), a few random pantry ingredients and about 45 minutes. Plus, you can customize them however you like.
Feel free to use different flavors of breadcrumbs or a variety of spices. You could even add barbecue sauce or hot sauce if you want to add even more flavor.
The possibilities are endless!
My husband likes to have cheese and hot sauce on his chicken patties, but the girls and I stick to ketchup and pickle relish.
You’re seriously going to to want to add this recipe for Homemade Chicken Patties to your dinner menu. I promise you’re going to love these Chicken Patties so much, you’ll never want to buy the store packaged patties again!
Here’s the recipe –
- Small baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Food processor
- Large skillet
Homemade Chicken Patties
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I like the Italian breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I like to use Miracle Whip - it gives the chicken more flavor)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a small baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts into quarters and place chunks into a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, egg and mayonnaise into the food processor with the chicken. Pulse 3 or 4 times to combine.
- Separate the chicken mixture into 4 sections and roll each section into a ball, then flatten each ball into a patty.
- Pour 1 cup of breadcrumbs into a small bowl. Dip the chicken patties into the breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and heat on medium-high temperature until bubbling. Then, place the chicken patties into the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve homemade chicken patties on hamburger buns or kaiser rolls and top with your favorite ingredients.
You might also like:
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets Your Kids Will Love
- Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs Recipe
- Homemade Chicken Melts: Just 5 Ingredients!
Have a Great Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
25 Chicken Recipes for Dinner Tonight - Food Life Design
Monday 6th of April 2020
[…] Homemade Chicken Patties […]
Make Your Own Breadcrumbs at Home - Food Life Design
Thursday 26th of March 2020
[…] Chicken Patties and […]
Cheesy Chicken Pizza Burgers: Just 4 Ingredients! - Food Life Design
Tuesday 22nd of October 2019
[…] can use my homemade chicken patties recipe to start or just pick up a package of frozen chicken patties at the grocery store and use those […]
Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich With a Secret Ingredient! - Food Life Design
Monday 21st of October 2019
[…] Homemade Chicken Patties […]
Homemade Chicken Nuggets for the Freezer: Your Kids Will Love These! - Food Life Design
Thursday 11th of July 2019
[…] made almost the same way as my Homemade Chicken Patties, except they’re also prepped for the freezer or for easy and independent […]