This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Love chicken patties, but hate the chemicals and preservatives in the store-bought version? Try my recipe for homemade chicken patties and you’ll never buy the packaged variety again.
I’m always searching for quick, easy AND homemade dinners that taste great. I don’t like to serve my family a great deal of premade meals. They taste disgusting and they are terrible for you, too. However, chicken patties are a favorite around here.
In the past, I would occasionally pick up a package as a sort of treat for the kids, but, I haven’t bought a package in years.
It’s a great recipe to make on a busy night and you could even make mini chicken patties to serve as an appetizer as your next dinner party.
All you need to make these homemade chicken patties is chicken (obviously!), a few random pantry ingredients and about 45 minutes. Plus, you can customize them however you like.
Feel free to use different flavors of breadcrumbs or a variety of spices. You could even add barbecue sauce or hot sauce if you want to add even more flavor.
My husband likes to have cheese and hot sauce on his chicken patties, but the girls and I stick to ketchup and pickle relish.
You’re seriously going to to want to add this recipe for Homemade Chicken Patties to your dinner menu. I promise you’re going to love these Chicken Patties so much, you’ll never want to buy the store packaged patties again!
Here’s the recipe –
- Small baking sheet
- Sharp knife
- Food processor (see my resources page for my favorite kind!)
- Large skillet (resources)
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (I like the Italian breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I like to use Miracle Whip - it gives the chicken more flavor)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a small baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts into quarters and place chunks into a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of breadcrumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, egg and mayonnaise into the food processor with the chicken. Pulse 3 or 4 times to combine.
- Separate the chicken mixture into 4 sections and roll each section into a ball, then flatten each ball into a patty.
- Pour 1 cup of breadcrumbs into a small bowl. Dip the chicken patties into the breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil into a large skillet and heat on medium-high temperature until bubbling. Then, place the chicken patties into the hot oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve homemade chicken patties on hamburger buns or kaiser rolls and top with your favorite ingredients.
You might also like:
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets Your Kids Will Love
- Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs Recipe
- Homemade Chicken Melts: Just 5 Ingredients!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on