Sick and tired of the same old pizza, week after week? Step it up a notch with this crusty and delicious Homemade French Bread Pizza. Ready in less than an hour!
As you know we love pizza around here and I often try to make a variety of different kinds so that no one gets sick of eating it. Homemade French Bread Pizza is a favorite of mine and my girls.
The husband doesn’t love it quite as much as our usual Homemade Pizza, but he eats it, anyway. Takeout Pizza in Vermont is well, not pizza.
At least it’s nothing like our amazingly delicious New York pizza from back home. We used to get takeout pizza A LOT.
You just can’t beat that stuff, it’s like heaven on a plate and man, do I miss it.
New York is a melting pot of delicious international foods that you just can’t get anywhere else. It’s a good thing I like to cook and try out new recipes!
Not to worry – regular pizza is not on my dinner menu every Friday (although that would be awesome), I’ve been making a variety of different types of pizza or pizza-like meals, such as Chicken Alfredo Pizza, Homemade Calzones and this Homemade French Bread Pizza.
In reality, French Bread Pizza is really simple to make. You can make it even easier and buy pre-made French Bread Pizza or if you really wanted to, you could buy the french bread, slop some jarred pizza sauce on it, sprinkle it with some cheese and bake.
It really can be that easy.
But, you know me…I never take the pre-made way out. Instead, I make it from scratch.
It might take a little bit longer, but, it tastes so much better! Plus, it’s healthier for the family.
Give it a try – you’ll never buy the store-bought version again, I promise.
Here’s the recipe –
- Large baking sheet
- Medium saucepan
- Bread knife
- Homemade Pizza dough, if desired
- Homemade Pizza sauce, if desired
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make pizza dough. Roll into 3 long cylinders instead of into a round pizza shape. Place dough cylinders onto a large baking sheet. Let rise for 15 minutes.
- Make a batch of homemade pizza sauce and let it simmer on the stove.
- Bake pizza dough for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a bread knife to cut bread in half vertically and then, cut again horizontally to create 4 pieces. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
- Place cut bread back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes to create a crust on the top. Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle sauce over the top of each bread slice.
- Sprinkle a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses over the top. Add toppings, as desired.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy your pizza!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.