This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Need a quick and easy breakfast? These homemade glazed donuts require just 5 ingredients and they’re ready in less than 20 minutes!
Do you ever eat a food that takes you back in time, to a place where everything was full of innocence and bliss? That food for me is a glazed donut.
When I was a kid, my grandfather always had them waiting whenever I visited and I loved sharing them with him. Today, every time I eat a glazed donut I think of my Pop and remember those special days.
There are times when I wish I could just hit pause on life and go back, for just a few minutes, to sitting in the kitchen eating glazed donuts with Pop. But, of course I can’t literally go back in time, so instead I just enjoy the memory whenever I get the chance.
For those of you who love a good, sweet glazed doughnut, but don’t have the time to make them from scratch, here is a quick and easy recipe for Homemade Glazed Donuts that takes just minutes to make! They are so easy that you could even make them in the morning before school or work.
- Canned biscuits
- 1 /2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract **see note below
- 3 teaspoons water
- Place the oil in a deep fryer or deep pan on the stove and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the biscuits from the can and separate them. Press each biscuit down to flatten them a little bit.
- Use a donut cutter to cut the biscuits into donut shapes. If you don't have a donut cutter, use a shot glass or a circle cookie cutter to cut a small hole in the center of each biscuit instead.
- Place donuts into the hot oil and cook until they float (about 3 minutes).
- Flip the donuts over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Repeat with each donut and then place them on a wire rack or waxed paper to cool.
- Don't waste the donuts holes! Place a handful in the fryer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir a few times to cook the donuts holes evenly and make sure they don't stick.
- Mix the confectioners sugar, vanilla and water together to create a thin glaze.
- Use a large slotted spoon to drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
- Allow the glaze to harden for several minutes before serving.
Add different flavors to your homemade glazed donuts. Choose from a variety of flavor extracts at your local grocery store, including orange, lemon, cinnamon and even peppermint. You could even use Lemon Balm Tincture or any other herbal tincture you have available!
You might also like:
- Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins: Ready to Eat in Just 30 Minutes!
- 11 Homemade Poptarts You Have To Try!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!