This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Out of hamburger buns? No problem – this Homemade Hamburger Buns recipe is ready in 30 minutes or less and requires just 5 ingredients!
How often do you head to the kitchen with hamburgers in mind for dinner, only to realize that you don’t have any hamburger buns? It happens to me ALL THE TIME! That’s why I was so happy when I came across this super simple hamburger buns recipe.
I’ve tried making a variety of different bun recipes before and honestly, most of them come out hard and too crumbly to hold the burger.
But, these buns are the perfect combination of soft and squishy, which makes them perfectly sturdy to hold up to even your juiciest hamburger.
Plus, they’re so easy to make and they require just 5 ingredients!
So, the next time you’re in the mood for a burger and you don’t have any buns – give this hamburger buns recipe a go…you’ll be glad you did!
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry yeast and warm water in a large mixing bowl. Set the bowl on the stove or in another warm location and allow the mixture to proof for 5 minutes or so.
- Add sugar and oil to the yeast mixture. Mix on medium high speed to combine.
- Pour flour, one cup at a time, into the liquid and then, add the salt. Mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Separate dough into 12 dough balls. Flatten each dough ball into a hamburger bun shape and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Use this delicious homemade hamburger buns recipe to make soft and chewy dinner rolls, bread sticks or even a loaf of bread! Follow the recipe as specified and then, shape the dough as you like and alter the baking times as needed.
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Last Updated on