This amazing Homemade Lasagna Recipe is easy to make, requires simple ingredients and is so good, it will leave your family begging for more!Lasagna is by far my very, favorite meal. I absolutely love it! And since it’s on the August menu plan, I thought this past Sunday would be a great night to make it. I don’t know why everyone is so afraid to make it. Lasagna really is a very simple meal to make, it just takes a little preparation time, that’s all. The key to making this delectable dish, is to move quickly. The faster you move, the faster it’s done and the less preparation time it takes. It’s really not difficult! So, let’s do this! Try my Homemade Lasagna recipe tonight, you won’t be sorry. It’s amazing! And I promise, your family will thank you! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 16 lasagna noodles
- 1 quart ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Place the garlic and ground beef in a large skillet and brown on medium heat for about 5 min.
- Add the dry Italian dressing mix and sugar to the ground beef and cook for another 2 to 3 min. or until the meat is fully brown.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the pan with the ground beef and stir to combine. Cook the meat sauce for an additional 15 to 20 min. or until bubbling.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove and heat on high until boiling.
- Place the lasagna noodles in the boiling water and cook for 10 to 12 min. (or as directed on the packaging), stirring occasionally. Drain the water from the noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Pour a ladle full of meat sauce into a large casserole dish and stir around to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Lay four lasagna noodles, side-by-side, in the bottom of the dish. Top the noodles with another ladle full of sauce, spreading it around to cover the lasagna.
- Scoop several spoonfuls of ricotta cheese onto the lasagna noodles. Use the back of a spoon to spread cheese around.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over the ricotta.
- Repeat this process by layering more lasagna noodles and topping with sauce and cheeses, until the pan is full.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 min. or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve hot with crusty Italian bread and garden salad.
I hope you love trying out my Homemade Lasagna recipe!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.