Are you looking for a quick and easy gift that doesn’t cost a lot of money? Just add a bottle of maple syrup to a basket and a jar of Homemade Pancakes. It makes the perfect gift for anyone!
Who loves pancakes? Just about everyone I know! But, not everyone has time to make homemade pancakes every day.
So, why not offer the delicious treat of a homemade breakfast for a gift?
My homemade pancake mix recipe started from an ancient cookbook that my Grandmother gave me shortly after I got married. I’ve altered it slightly over the years to add a little more flavor, but it is by far the best recipe for pancakes that I’ve ever found!
They turn out fluffy and delicious, every time.
This recipe is really easy to make and requires simple ingredients that you probably already have at home. Plus, it makes an awesome gift for any pancake lover on your list.
There’s so many different kinds you could make!
Here’s a few ideas…
- Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix (Add a bag of chocolate chips)
- Country Breakfast (Add a box of bacon or sausage)
- Cranberry-Nut Pancake Mix (Add a bag of dried cranberries & a bag of walnuts)
So, whip up a batch today and throw together a few gift baskets.
Add a bottle of Vermont maple syrup and a box of flavored butter and you’re done!
Here’s the recipe…
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare Pancakes Now:
- Combine dry ingredients with wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium temperature.
- Use a standard ice cream scoop to scoop pancake mixture onto the hot griddle.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Serve hot with butter and real maple syrup.
Make Homemade Pancake Mix Gift Jars:
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour each batch into quart sized mason jars and label with the remaining wet ingredients and instructions.
Free Printable Label
Click the image below to open the download page.
How to Use These Labels
You might also like:
- DIY Seasoning Mixes for Slow Cooker Meals
- Make Your Own Homemade Brownie Mix
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
Have an Awesome Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.