Are your kids always starving after school? Surprise them with these adorably delicious, pop in your mouth homemade pizza muffins.
My kids love these homemade pizza muffins and the funny part about it is, they happened on a fluke. They wanted pizza one night and I really just didn’t want to make homemade pizza from scratch.
So, instead, I mixed up a batch of pizza dough and placed little balls of dough into my muffin pans. Then, I poured on a little some and sprinkled on some cheese before baking.
They came out DELICIOUS and the kids have begged for them over and over again ever since. And honestly, I kinda like them myself.
These muffins are perfectly poppable and would make a great lunch for school, too!
So, the next time your kiddos are screaming for pizza, make a batch of these Homemade Pizza Muffins instead of rushing for delivery!
Here’s the recipe:
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Choice of toppings, chopped or diced
- Prepare dough and sauce as directed in each recipe.
- Roll dough into 12 balls, approximately 2 inches in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Press each ball of dough into the muffin cavities.
- Top each piece of dough with a tablespoon of pizza sauce, along with cheese and your choice of toppings.
- Place pizza muffins into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with extra pizza sauce.
You might also like:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.