Wouldn’t you love to come home and have a nice hot baked potato waiting? Especially in the summer when it’s super hot? Read on to learn how to bake potatoes in your slow cooker…
I love baked potatoes! They are not only delicious, they’re healthy, too. We should really eat them more often. And the best way I’ve found to make them when you don’t have time to wait for the oven, is to bake potatoes in your slow cooker!
It’s super easy and then, when you get home from work or school, all you have to do is broil your steak and toss together a salad. Not to mention how easy it is to make baked potatoes for a large family gathering!
No fuss, no mess – easy peasy!
So, let’s get started…
Things you’ll need:
Here’s the recipe:
How to Bake Potatoes In Your Slow Cooker
- Butter, approx. 1 teaspoon per potato
- Salt, as desired
- Decide how many potatoes you'll need - this will depend on how many people you are serving. Think 1 large potato per person or 2 small/medium potatoes per person.
- Wash potatoes well, be sure to scrub off all the dirt.
- Melt butter and brush all over the skin of the potato.
- Sprinkle the potato with salt and pepper to your taste. Add other spices if you'd like to add more flavor, such as, chili powder, garlic powder or onion powder.
- Cut aluminum foil to fit each potato and wrap potatoes tightly.
- Place inside the empty slow cooker and cover. Turn on high to allow your potatoes to cook for 4-6 hours or low and you can cook them for 6-8 hours.
- Remove potatoes from slow cooker using pot holders. They will be hot. Tear off aluminum foil and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with butter and/or sour cream.
You might also like:
- Oven Roasted Crispy Herbed Smash Potatoes
- Mexican Style Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Grilled Garlic Butter Potatoes
Have an Awesome Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.
Salt and Vinegar Baked Potato Bites - Food Life Design
Saturday 19th of October 2019
[…] How to Bake Potatoes In Your Slow Cooker […]
Easy Dinner Ideas for June 2019 with a Free Printable Menu! - Food Life Design
Tuesday 28th of May 2019
[…] Pepper Grilled Steak Tips, Baked Potatoes and Quick & Easy Refrigerator […]
What I've Been Up to...June 2015 - VLHamlin
Friday 3rd of July 2015
[…] shared the June 2015 menu plan along with recipes for Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs, How to Bake Potatoes in Your Slow Cooker, Sweet Tea Recipe and How to Make Croutons at […]
July 2015 Menu Plan - VLHamlin
Tuesday 30th of June 2015
[…] Steak & Baked Potatoes […]