This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Wouldn’t you love to come home and have a nice hot baked potato waiting? Especially in the summer when it’s super hot? Read on to learn how to bake potatoes in your slow cooker…I love baked potatoes! They are not only delicious, they’re healthy, too. We should really eat them more often. And the best way I’ve found to make them when you don’t have time to wait for the oven, is to bake potatoes in your slow cooker! It’s super easy and then, when you get home from work or school, all you have to do is broil your steak and toss together a salad. Dinner served! No fuss, no mess – easy peasy! So, let’s get started…
Things you’ll need:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Total Time 6 hours 5 minutes
- Butter, approx. 1 teaspoon per potato
- Salt, as desired
- Decide how many potatoes you'll need - this will depend on how many people you are serving. Think 1 large potato per person or 2 small/medium potatoes per person.
- Wash potatoes well, be sure to scrub off all the dirt.
- Melt butter and brush all over the skin of the potato.
- Sprinkle the potato with salt and pepper to your taste. Add other spices if you'd like to add more flavor, such as, chili powder, garlic powder or onion powder.
- Cut aluminum foil to fit each potato and wrap potatoes tightly.
- Place inside the empty slow cooker and cover. Turn on high to allow your potatoes to cook for 4-6 hours or low and you can cook them for 6-8 hours.
- Remove potatoes from slow cooker using pot holders. They will be hot. Tear off aluminum foil and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with butter and/or sour cream.
Be sure to add this delicious recipe to your menu planner for this month!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!