This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Learn how to can ground beef to create your own “dump and go” meals in no time at all.
Canning ground beef at home is easy and so much fun!
But, I hate to admit that it took me FOREVER to get started with canning my own meat.
Simply put, I’ve been scared to death of the pressure canner.
However, this summer, I decided this is it…I’m not going to be afraid of it anymore.
Affordable and very easy to use (or so they say)…
So, I’ve been trying to force myself to use it more often.
Usually, when the husband is home.
But, this past week, I finally did it all by myself.
Not once, not twice, but three times!
And I’m so excited to finally share some of the results with you.
Today, I’m sharing how to can ground beef at home because it’s super simple.
And it is SO NICE to have on the shelf when you want to throw together a really quick meal!
- 8 lbs ground beef
- 7 pint canning jars with new lids and rings
- Boiling water
- Large frying pan
- Wide mouth funnel
- Pressure canner with rack
- Place the ground beef in a hot frying pan and cook until all of the meat is light brown and there is no remaining pink.
- Scoop the cooked meat into prepared canning jars.
- Pour boiling water over the meat, leaving 1 inch of headspace.
- Wipe the rim of each jar clean with a damp cloth.
- Place lids and rings onto jars, fingertight.
- Add 2 quarts of water to your canner (or recommended amount by manufacuturer)
- Arrange jars, on the rack, inside the pressure canner.
- Place the lid onto the canner securely.
- Turn the heat on high and wait for the steam to start escaping.
- Allow the steam to vent for 10 minutes.
- Place the proper weight onto the canner.
- Turn the temperature down to medium.
- Process pints for 75 minutes.
You might also like:
Have a Spectacular Day!