~ July 2015 Menu Plan ~
My July 2015 Menu Plan is a little more extravagant than usual. School’s out for summer! The kids are super excited to be on break. And this Mama is so happy to have a little extra time in the afternoons to prepare some fun new recipes.
During the school year, the menu can become a little bit monotonous because our afternoons are filled with homework, school activities and just general chit chat about our separate days. There just isn’t time for playing around with time consuming meals and so, we eat a lot of variations of our favorites.
Summer on the other hand, offers us hours of afternoon playtime in the kitchen or outside at the grill. Now that the girls are older, it’s so much fun to include them in the cooking and meal preparation. There aren’t quite as many messes to clean up afterwards and a whole lot less pouting. 🙂
So, now that they’re home for the summer, I’m adding a whole slew of new recipes to our menu plan.
Normally, I include a “What I’ve been up to” section in my menu plan each month, but I’ve decided to make that a separate post from now on. For now, below is the July 2015 Menu Plan.
There are lots of links to new recipes on here! Many of them I’ve tried before and loved or I plan to try out for the first time this month (and hope to love!).
I hope you enjoy trying them out, too!
~ July 2015 Menu Plan ~
- Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches & Homemade French Fries
- Poor Man’s Prime Rib from Lyn B (AllRecipes) & Rosemary & Sea Salt Roasted Mini Red Potatoes from Broke & Healthy
- Homemade Pizza Rolls
- Grilled London Broil and Baked Mashed Potatoes
- BBQ Chicken and Garden Salad
- Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Meatball Sandwich Casserole from Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour
- Steak & Baked Potatoes
- Orange Honey Rainbow Fruit Salad from The Slow Roasted Italian
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pick Night
- Crock Pot General Tso’s Chicken from Host the Toast
- Chicken Bacon Meatball Subs with Macaroni & Cheese
- Italian Wonderpot from Budget Bytes
- Sweet and Tangy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Breakfast for Dinner: Scottish Pancakes from Diethood
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Strips from Will Cook for Smiles & Garden Salad
- Barbecue Shepherd’s Pie
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
- Ham & Cheese Tortellini from Kevin and Amanda
- Quick and Easy Goulash
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Taco Pizza from Mommy Hates Cooking
- Beef Kebobs
- Hobo Dinners from Brittany’s Pantry
- Best Tater Tot Casserole from My Kitchen Escapades
- Creamy Baked Ziti
- Margherita French Bread Pizza from The Chic Site
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Garlic Bread
- One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies from Cooking Classy
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.