Why spend over $3.00 a box to make brownies when you could make your own brownie mix at home for pennies? Homemade Brownie Mix is simple to make and takes no time at all.
My kids, no matter how old they get, love brownies and they ask for them all the time. But, because I like to make most of our food from scratch, we don’t often have mixes available.
Instead, we often make our own homemade brownie mix which tastes so much better! It’s cheaper and contains no chemicals or preservatives, so you don’t have to worry about what you’re feeding your kiddos.
Plus, you can prepare several batches at a time and store them in the pantry to make more in the future!
To make your homemade brownies even more fun, add candy, peanut butter chips, colored sprinkles or your favorite chopped nuts.
So, give this recipe a try! You’ll be glad you did!
- 2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- PREPARE THE MIX: Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- TO STORE: Pour the dry mixture into a large zipper seal bag or a quart-sized jar for future storage.
- BAKE THE BROWNIES: You'll need the following additional ingredients - 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, softened and 4 eggs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Add the butter and eggs to the dry mixture and stir with an electric mixer to combine.
- Spread the brownie mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before slicing.
- 11 Homemade Poptarts You Have To Try!
- Homemade Hamburger Buns Recipe – Ready in 30 Minutes!
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.