Popsicles scream summertime! They are such a perfect treat on a hot summer day- for any age. Store bought popsicles are usually packed with tons of refined sugars and additives. There are so many make your own popsicle recipes out there that really jazz up your simple cold treat and make it pretty out of this world.
Not only will you cut out all of the unnecessary add ins like color dyes and artificial sweeteners by adding cleaner and healthier versions of sweetness but you will also have free range over flavor combination, texture and color pop.
It is a fun thing to do with the kiddos too!
When thinking of making your own popsicles start with 3 separate categories…
- The base: This will be something such as yogurt, pureed fruit, pudding or coconut milk.
- The filler: Something to add in as a filler could be fresh fruit slices, chunks of chocolate or cookie bits.
- The extra: A little something extra to make it POP even more such as fresh fruit zest, honey, chocolate drizzle, fresh lime or lemon juice or mint.
Purchasing ready to go molds is definitely the easiest route but not the only one. If you want to purchase molds check out these great options…
- Popsicle Mold Kit
- Baby Popsicle Mold Set
- Make and Drink Popsicle Mold Set
- Fun Shape Popsicle Mold Set
Don’t want to waste the money on a mold set?
Use an ice cube tray, muffin tin, shot glass, small yogurt containers and more! Get creative…
Looking for some really incredibly tasty make your own popsicle recipes? Keep reading and give these a spin! They are both beautiful in looks and flavor!!!
Make Your Own Popsicle Recipes
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicle by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pineapple and Mint Popsicles by idorismag
- Cookies and Cream Popsicles by Salt & Baker
- Mango Electrolyte Popsicles by Live Simply
- Blueberry Yogurt Popsicles by The Foodie Physician
- Apple Strawberry Popsicles by Vegan In The Freezer
- Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles by The View From Great Island
- Vegan Cookie Dough Popsicles by Short Girl Tall Order
- Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Popsicles by Marsha’s Baking Addiction
- Homemade Peanut Butter Fudgesicles by A Few Shortcuts
- Banana Pudding Popsicles by Conservamom
Now that you have a treat to fill your freezer with summer should be a whole lot cooler.
You Might Also Like…
- Planting A Kid Friendly Snacking Garden
- Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits
- Semi-Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream
Love, light and a little grace…
Olivia Whalen is mama to three young girls who is devoted to creative learning, exploration and free range imagination. Olivia enjoys thinking outside of the box when it comes to preparing homemade baby food or meals for her family. She most enjoys allowing the little minds in her life to flourish and with that you will see her write about creative kid crafts, recipes that fit a family budget and keep everyone asking for more, tips and tricks for a tiny babe, and beginner homesteader fun! Some of her hobbies include gardening, hiking, reading, cooking or just basking in motherhood.