Hello – I hope you’re having an awesome week because I am sharing the most delicious dessert today and these Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits are perfect for serving with your Corned Beef and Cabbage this St. Patrick’s Day!
*UPDATED FROM OLD POST*
A few years ago, I was having family over for St. Patrick’s Day dinner and I needed to come up with a dessert for everyone.
So, off to the refrigerator, freezer and pantry I went searching for something that would make a great St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
Lucky for me, we had plenty of vanilla ice cream in the freezer, so, my initial idea was to make green mint ice cream.
However, once I mixed up the ice cream, I realized it wasn’t going to freeze hard enough to eat at dinner time.
That of course, led me back to the pantry and refrigerator trying to figure out what I was going to add to the ice cream to make it a dessert that we could eat in two hours time.
It was then that I found the vanilla pudding mix, which led me to these delicious Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits that are guaranteed to blow your socks off.
- Food processor
- Large mixing bowl and electric hand-mixer or Stand mixer
- Tall drinking glasses or parfait glasses
- Ice cream scoop
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 large wintergreen candy cane (feel free to use peppermint instead)
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 to 8 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- Break the candy cane into small pieces and place into a food processor. Process the candy cane until it is a fine dust.
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the food processor and mix with the crushed candy cane.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and instant vanilla pudding mix with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add the green food coloring to the pudding and mix with the mixer until combined.
- Fold the mint ice cream into the pudding mixture. Freeze for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar. Whip on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and gently, fold into the whipped cream.
- Fill 4 tall glasses half-full with the ice cream mixture. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of crushed chocolate cookie over the cream.
- Add another layer of the cream mixture. Sprinkle remaining crushed chocolate cookies over the top of each parfait.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
You might also like these recipes for St. Patrick’s Day:
- Homemade Corned Beef Recipe
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- Cranberry Raisin Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Don’t forget to signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.