Hello! I hope you’re having a great week! Today, I’m sharing an old fashioned New England Lobster Boil recipe that you can make at home!
Have you ever been craving a lobster dinner, but couldn’t get to the coast to have one at a fancy seafood restaurant?
Well, now you don’t have to!
Instead of driving hours to get to the closest seafood restaurant with fresh lobster, just head to the grocery store and pick some up to make at home.
Last week was my husband’s birthday and he really wanted to have lobster for dinner, but we don’t have any local seafood restaurants serving whole lobster, so instead I improvised.
To the extreme…
Instead of going to the grocery store that’s an hour away, I ordered the entire meal online from MaineLobsterNow.com.
Here’s a before and after shot of the lobster…
And no, this is not a promotional post.
I’m telling you about them, because the meal was THAT GOOD!
And I didn’t have to leave my house to get any of it.
They shipped the entire meal overnight through FedEx and those little critters were still crawling around when I received the box.
The potatoes and corn were as fresh as if I’d just picked them from the field myself, too!
It doesn’t get any better than that!
Have I made you hungry enough?
Here’s How To Make Your Own New England Lobster Boil at Home…
Make your own old fashioned New England Lobster Boil at home!
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 2 lbs. red potatoes
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 4 Maine Lobsters (about 1.5 lbs. each)
- Place a large pot (12 qt.) of water on the stove.
- Add old bay seasoning and thyme.
- Arrange the potatoes and corn at the bottom of the pot.
- Heat on high temperature until boiling.
- Add the lobster to the pot and cover.
- Continue to cook for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the lobster from the pot and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain water and remove potatoes and corn from the pot.
- Arrange lobster on a large platter.
- Place potatoes and corn in a large bowl.
- Serve with melted butter and/or cocktail sauce (see recipe below).
Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- Splash of lemon juice
Combine above ingredients and serve with your favorite seafood!
You might also like these seafood recipes:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.