This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Happy 4th of July weekend! I hope you have lots of fun plans for the weekend, but if you find a little bit of time, be sure to try these Orange Marmalade Scones – you’re going to love them!
Our Independence Day celebrations are sure to be different this year than those in the past.
With fairs, carnivals and other random summer activities being canceled due to the current world events, it seems odd to even consider celebrating the holiday.
But we must!
Our independence is what makes us special!
It’s what makes our country different than the rest…
It is what makes us AMERICANS.
Even if there’s no fireworks or cotton candy this year, take the weekend to celebrate your freedom…
Your RIGHT TO CHOOSE what you do!
Spend some time in the yard with your family…
Go for a hike…
Work on your garden…
Read a book…
Or bake some of these really yummy Orange Marmalade Scones!
I got the idea for this recipe from a fiction book I read recently.
The main character of the book owned a bakery and was famous for her “Orange Spice Marmalade Scones”.
Every time the scones were mentioned in the book, I was thinking “I’ve got to try those – they sound so good!!”.
But, obviously, I can’t step into the pages of that little town to pick them up at the bakery, right?!
So, I made my own…
And OMG are they good!
I decided to leave out the “spice” and make just plain Orange Marmalade Scones.
Adding cinnamon and spices makes it seem more like a fall recipe and I didn’t want that in July!
A recipe for another day…
But, I’m glad I did, because these delicious scones taste like a burst of sunshine!
And they are perfect to serve with your morning coffee or tea!
Although, you can definitely eat them anytime of day.
They require only basic pantry ingredients to make, plus of course the orange marmalade.
AND they are ready in just 20 minutes!!
So, are you ready to make these delicious Orange Marmalade Scones?
Let’s head to the kitchen and get started…
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease an 11 inch by 17 inch baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender (or two forks) until the mixture resembles a crumby dough.
- Combine the beaten egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl. Stir into the dough mixture, slowly, until well combined.
- Fold in the orange marmalade.
- Use a cookie scoop or 2 large spoons to scoop the scones onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Serve warm with a hot cup of coffee or tea!
You might also like these recipes for scones:
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!