This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Looking for a fun twist on a traditional Christmas dessert? These delicious Peppermint Mocha Whoopie Pies are the perfect treat to serve your family and friends this holiday season.
Since we’re celebrating Christmas in July here on the blog, I thought it would be fun to update and re-share this recipe for Peppermint Mocha Whoopie Pies.
They’ve definitely become a Christmas cookie favorite at our house, so I wanted to make sure that you get the change to share them with your family, too!
| START OF OLD POST |
Thanksgiving is just a few days away and you know what that means? It’s time to start planning for Christmas!
Since we’ve recently moved, I’m working up a whole bunch of new traditions for my little family and these Peppermint Mocha Whoopie Pies are just the start of my Christmas baking plans.
But, I’m sure going to try.
One of our biggest holiday traditions is decorating the house on Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) and this year we are super anxious to get the holiday party started.
So, instead of decorating early, I’m channeling my energy and baking up a storm of delicious Christmas treats.
The kids are loving it, but I’m not sure my pants are quite as happy.
Your family is going to love them!
I started with a basic Whoopie Pie recipe and then altered the ingredients to make it more festive. They came out better than I imagined and will likely become a standing recipe on my Christmas baking list.
*See my resources page for more of my favorite supplies!
For the cookie:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coffee, fresh brewed
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the filling:
- 1 cup marshmallows, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray or vegetable shortening.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together brown sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. Stir in egg.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients into the sugar mixture.
- Add milk, coffee and peppermint extra. Mix on low speed to combine.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop batter onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets and cool on a wire rack or a sheet of wax paper.
- Combine melted marshmallow, powdered sugar, butter and peppermint extract in a large bowl.
- Scoop filling onto the flat side of 1/2 the cookies. Top each with the remaining cookies.
- Roll whoopie pies into non perils or sprinkles to add some fun Christmas flair.
You might also like:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sugar Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- The BEST Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Great Day!
Last Updated on