Love ice cream? Then you have to try this amazingly, delicious Semi-homemade Blueberry Ice Cream! It takes just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to prepare – you’re going to love it!
When I was a little girl, there was a company that made a red, white and blue ice cream for patriotic holidays. I don’t remember the brand that made the delicious strawberry, vanilla and blueberry ice cream, but I do know, I loved it.
I looked forward to that treat every year.
But, somewhere along the way, it became impossible to find.
I’ve searched every grocery store in a fifty mile radius from my house and it simply cannot be found.
In fact, blueberry ice cream seems to be a nonexistent option!
So, when I become nostalgic for that old ice cream, I have to improvise and make my own.
But, this semi-homemade blueberry ice cream is super easy to make!
The kids can even help…
It requires just 4 ingredients…
And it only takes 10 minutes (or less) to throw together!
The problem is, it’s so good and so easy to make, you’ll probably want to eat a lot of it!
And so will your family, so be sure to make enough to share!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Pour the water, sugar and blueberries into a small pot. Heat on medium temperature, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove blueberry sauce from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into a blender.
- Pour blueberry sauce over the ice cream and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container with a lid.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours (or overnight) before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Combine with strawberry and vanilla ice cream or top with sliced strawberries and bananas for a patriotic treat!
You might also like:
- Minty Crunch Ice Cream Parfaits
- 10 Best Grilled Fruit Desserts and More
- Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe Ever
Don’t forget to signup for my daily newsletter to receive updates, along with free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.