This Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich is perfect for dinner on a busy night! It takes just 18 minutes to make and only requires a few simple ingredients!
Not only is this Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich delicious, but it’s so simple to make, too.
Here’s the gist of the recipe:
All you need is some chicken, flour, a few simple spices, milk and…
Yup! Mayonnaise is the secret ingredient!
Why? ‘Cause it’s so thick and creamy, of course!
The flour and spices just stick right to it and make the most delicious breading for this fried chicken sandwich!
Easy, peasy, right?!
Oh and you can make your own homemade hamburger buns, buy some in the store or use kaiser rolls for your bread…it’s totally up to you!
So, the next time you or someone in your family is itching for a fried chicken sandwich, be sure to try this one, because you’re going to love it!
Here’s the recipe:
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
FOR THE SANDWICHES:
- 4 homemade hamburger rolls
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 dill pickles, sliced
TO MAKE THE FRIED CHICKEN:
- Pour cooking oil into a large, deep saucepan and heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Or prepare your deep fryer as directed by the manufacturer.
- Combine mayonnaise and milk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour flour into a 2nd medium mixing bowl. Add cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Dip chicken into the mayonnaise mixture, then dredge through the flour and spices. Set aside.
- Repeat with each piece of chicken.
- Drop each piece of chicken into the hot oil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
PREPARE THE SANDWICHES
You might also like:
Have a Spectacular Day!
Vanessa Hamlin is the owner and founder of Food Life Design and VLHamlinDesign. With her passion for frugal living and homesteading, Vanessa loves to write about easy recipes, making money, gardening, home remedies and everything else that a good life entails! When she’s not writing for Food Life Design or creating products for VLHamlinDesign, you’ll find Vanessa reading, drawing, gardening, cooking or spending time with her family.