This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Looking for a twist on your usual Spaghetti dinner? Try my Spaghetti & Sausage Meatballs for dinner tonight! You’ll love the sweet, spicy flavor and the ease of making this meal!
Spaghetti & Sausage Meatballs is a favorite in my family. It’s simple, comforting and offers just a little boost of spice that you don’t get from regular meatballs.
I generally use sweet Italian sausage, but you could use any kind of sausage you have. Spicy Italian, Chorizo or even plain, unseasoned sausage. It’s going to soak up the sauce flavor, anyway.
And speaking of sauce, you can serve this yummy marinara over spaghetti, as suggested here, or use it in any of your favorite Italian dishes, such as…
You could even slice up the sausage and use it on Homemade Pizza if you like! Or eat with a slice of bread for dipping. Yum!
So, what are you still doing here? Print the recipe below and head to the kitchen…your dinner awaits!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 lb. sweet sausage
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Cooking spray
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pasta, of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a broiling pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Remove the casing from the sausage and place the meat in a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, egg and chopped garlic to the sausage. Mix the ingredients together and create miniature meatballs, measuring about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place the meatballs on the broiling pan and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes and water into a large pot and heat on the medium temperature on the stove.
- Add the Italian seasoning, brown sugar and bullion cubes when the tomatoes and water begin to boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the meatballs. Turn the temperature down to medium low and simmer for thirty minutes to one hour.
- Serve the sauce and meatballs over cooked spaghetti, angel hair or linguine.
Don’t forget to add this Spaghetti & Sausage Meatballs to your meal planner!
You might also like:
- Spaghetti and Spicy Meat Sauce Recipe
- 8 Spaghetti Recipes You Have to Try!
- Sweet & Spicy Sausage Ramen Noodle Skillet
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!