This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Looking for a delicious dinner to serve your family? Try this amazing Spicy Hawaiian Meatball Recipe. They are perfect for dinner or to serve as an appetizer at your next get together with friends.
As a busy mother of two, I’m always looking for dinner ideas that don’t take a lot of prep work. As a foodie, I’m always trying out new recipes and concocting different combinations in the kitchen. And that’s exactly what happened when I first made this Spicy Hawaiian Meatball recipe.
The kids asked for meatballs for dinner, but I didn’t want to make just regular, old meatballs. I wanted something spicy that night and so, I started the meatballs without any real thought to what I was going to put on them.
When I went to the pantry to gather some ingredients, the pineapple jumped out at me. And what goes perfectly with pineapple?
Brown sugar, of course…
I blended the pineapple and brown sugar together, but that made a sweet sauce and I really wanted spicy.
I added some hot sauce and then I realized the sauce was too thick and wasn’t going to cover all of the meatballs.
So, I “borrowed” a beer from my husband and dumped it into the sauce to thin it out.
I served the meatballs over mashed potatoes, but you could also serve with rice or pasta.
You can even pour these meatballs into your slow cooker and cook them on low for hours, if you don’t have time to spend hovering over the stove!
This Spicy Hawaiian Meatball recipe is also great to use for parties!
Just dump the prepared meatballs into a pretty serving dish and set out some toothpicks to serve as an appetizer instead of a meal.
Your friends and family will love them!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 12 ounce bottle beer
- 1 18 ounce can pineapple, crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in a large bowl.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to create meatballs. Arrange on a broil pan.
- Place broil pan into the oven on the top shelf. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine beer, pineapple, brown sugar, hot sauce and barbecue sauce in a blender. Pour into a large skillet.
- Heat sauce on medium temperature until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Add meatballs and turn the temperature to low. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice or mashed potatoes.
NOTE: You can also prepare these meatballs as instructed, then throw them in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours!
Be sure to signup for my daily newsletter to receive more free printables, easy dinner ideas, recipes, home business tips and so much more right in your email!
Like this post? Don’t forget to PIN IT to share with your friends:
Have a Great Day!