This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
Hello! I hope your week is off to a great start! Today, I’m sharing our old favorite…Spicy Hawaiian Meatballs.
These delicious meatballs are perfect for lunch or dinner. And they make an awesome appetizer for any party or get together.
As a busy mother of two, I’m always looking for dinner ideas that don’t take a lot of prep work.
As a foodie, I’m always trying out new recipes and concocting different combinations in the kitchen.
And that’s exactly what happened when I first made these Spicy Hawaiian Meatballs.
The kids asked for meatballs for dinner, but I didn’t want to make just regular, old meatballs.
I wanted something spicy that night and so, I started the meatballs without any real thought to what I was going to put on them.
Making the Meatballs
When I went to the pantry to gather some ingredients, the pineapple jumped out at me.
And what goes perfectly with pineapple?
Brown sugar, of course…
I blended the pineapple and brown sugar together, but that made a sweet sauce and I really wanted spicy.
I added some hot sauce and then I realized the sauce was too thick and wasn’t going to cover all of the meatballs.
So, I “borrowed” a beer from my husband and dumped it into the sauce to thin it out.
I served the meatballs over mashed potatoes, but you could also serve with rice or pasta.
You can even pour these meatballs into your slow cooker and cook them on low for hours, if you don’t have time to spend hovering over the stove!
This Spicy Hawaiian Meatball recipe is also great to use for parties!
Just dump the prepared meatballs into a pretty serving dish and set out some toothpicks to serve as an appetizer instead of a meal.
Your friends and family will love them!
Here’s the recipe –
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 12 ounce bottle beer
- 1 18 ounce can pineapple, crushed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and garlic in a large bowl.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to create meatballs. Arrange on a broil pan.
- Place broil pan into the oven on the top shelf. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine beer, pineapple, brown sugar, hot sauce and barbecue sauce in a blender. Pour into a large skillet.
- Heat sauce on medium temperature until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Add meatballs and turn the temperature to low. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice or mashed potatoes.
NOTE: You can also prepare these meatballs as instructed, then throw them in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours!
You might also like:
Don’t forget to signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!