This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my policies to learn more.
This spicy Rhubarbecue sauce is the perfect topping for BBQ chicken, steak and even pulled pork! Plus, it’s a great way to use up the rhubarb harvest from your garden!
Hello – I hope you’re doing awesome today! As I mentioned the other day, my rhubarb patch has been growing like crazy and Rhubarbecue sauce was high on my canning list this year.
My step-mother absolutely loves it and has put in a special request for it to be in their Christmas gift boxes.
Of course, I had to make it!
The recipe I used last year, was really good!
We all enjoyed it and I never would have thought to make BBQ sauce from rhubarb if I hadn’t found that recipe!
But, we generally like our BBQ sauce a little spicier around here.
So, with just a few tweaks to the recipe, I was able to give this yummy Rhubarbecue sauce a little more bite without altering the flavor too much.
And man is it good!
If you didn’t know it had rhubarb in it, you would never in a million years guess.
But, there’s just something about the flavor that you wouldn’t get without it.
So, if you’re looking for a way to use up some of that excess rhubarb, then don’t hesitate to give this Spicy Rhubarbecue sauce a try!
It might just become your new favorite!
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 cups rhubarb, diced
- 3 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups raisins, chopped
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil on high temperature and stir constantly until the rhubarb is soft.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Or let cool for 5 to 10 minutes, then transfer to a standard blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and heat to boiling on high temperature.
- Turn the temperature down to low and continue to simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Fill sterilized jars. Wipe rims clean and cover with lids and rings.
- Process in a hot water bath for 20 minutes.
You might also like these delicious recipes:
- Cinnamon Rhubarb Jam
- 4-Ingredient Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe
- Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf Bowls: Ready in Less Than 1 Hour!
Signup for my daily newsletter to receive recipes, free printables, home business tips and so much more right in your inbox!
Have a Spectacular Day!